We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by thorsetenM 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
June 12, 2017 at 12:00 pm #1296252

Pavel

Hi,

thank you, I will try it! I tried it some time before, but I did not like JSON format and thought that this is not a way to go. Maybe there is any easier solution?

Why *shop_isle_slider* does not work for me (strings are visible in Strings Translation menu, but it is not possible to translate them)?

I found configuration file for Shop Isle theme: https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/browser/shop-isle/1.1.23/wpml-config.xml

It should work when I add key names for slider? And why are *shop_isle_slider* strings showing as translatable when it is not defined in *wpml-config.xml*?

June 15, 2017 at 9:41 am #1298885

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I was away. I will check for the solution via WPML config file and get back to you tomorrow. Please wait.

--
With Regards

Bigul

June 17, 2017 at 7:44 am #1300188

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

For your kind information, it is happening because of the compatibility issue. To fix the problem, we need to do some modifications in the *Shop Isle* theme and *Shop Isle Companion* plugin codes. Therefore please use the steps described in my previous reply as a workaround for the time being.

I am escalating this request to our compatibility team and get back to you as early as possible. Please wait. Sorry for the inconveniences.

--
With Regards

Bigul

June 22, 2017 at 3:43 pm #1303830

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

I am Sumit from 2nd tier support.

Actually, the theme is using our API in wrong way therefore, you are seeing unexpected behavior.
I have done some modification in slider plugin file so it can work.
#1 Please download the updated file from here hidden link
#2 Go to \wp-content\plugins\shop-isle-companion
#3 Replace the file named content-slider.php
#4 Go to Theme Customizer now
#5 Make changes to slider which you want to make
#6 Publish and save
#7 Go to front-end and check if your changes are okay?
#8 Now go to string Translation you will see new string with domain Shop-isle-Slide-1, Shop-isle-Slide-0, Shop-isle-Slide-2 etc
#9 Translate these strings and then check if these strings are translated to 2nd language!

NOTE: Please make a backup of site files and database before making any changes. Just a good practice 🙂

Thanks

March 13, 2018 at 5:44 pm #1545091

thomasN-16

How can I follow the hidden link? Trying to click on it but doesnt work

May 22, 2019 at 10:04 am #3864103

thorsetenM

[deleted, wrong thread]