Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
April 12, 2021 at 2:33 pm #8518527

thaliaD

As a continuation of the topic https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translation-not-showing-in-urdu-language/ I would like to inform that the problem has not been solved yet. The thing is that I was asked for access and I had to get the necessary consent. I do not know if the previous topic should be opened or we should continue with it

April 13, 2021 at 3:36 pm #8527149

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

we can continue the case here. Please provide me with the access details. Then I will take a look. To perform my tests, I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the […] Edit Screen, the Page/Post where you insert the […] and the corresponding Front End Page/Screen

Best Regards
Marcel

April 14, 2021 at 4:57 pm #8537479

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

that's very weird. I was able to reproduce it.

We need to debug this locally. Can you please provide us with a Duplicator copy of your installation? This way, we also don't need FTP on your live server.

Best Regards
Marcel

April 15, 2021 at 7:47 pm #8548601

thaliaD

Unfortunately, I still have to send you the agreement. Do you have an email that I can do this?
And if so what should I write about (eg the link to the topic, your name, some other information).

April 16, 2021 at 8:14 am #8552211

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

I'm sorry, I can't sign an NDA for you. You can find our privacy policy here: https://wpml.org/documentation/privacy-policy-and-gdpr-compliance/#data-shared-with-our-support. We ask our clients to remove sensitive information before we access a site or get a copy from it.

I activated in String Translation the option "Look for strings while pages are rendered" and the string appears so long this function is active.

This indicates me that the issue is coming from your custom Theme. Or you may have an issue with access rights on /wp-content/languages. As only one string is affected, I would suggest using our "wpml_current_language" filter to change your getText() call as mentioned here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/string-translations-not-displaying-on-front-end/page/3/#post-5067503

Best Regards
Marcel

string_urdu (1).png
April 19, 2021 at 9:41 am #8569893

thaliaD

Hello,

I got the ok from the customer for the transfer of the website.
So you can proceed with the transfer to your own server.
We are waiting for your information about the procedure.

Thank you

April 19, 2021 at 9:59 am #8570287

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

thanks for the info. You can provide a copy as mentioned here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/.

Best Regards
Marcel

April 22, 2021 at 1:50 pm #8601415

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

I had an issue with the search & replace of the URL. This redirected after the deployment to your staging site and I deactivated the plugins there instead of my localhost. That's the reason you see now an error on your staging site, as it needs ACF activated. Sorry for that!

I tested this further and the used textdomain on that getText() call never gets active on your Theme. There is also no load_theme_textdomain() call, but I don't see why it's working for other languages.

I will let you know once we found something.

Best Regards
Marcel

April 22, 2021 at 4:36 pm #8603727

Marcel
Supporter

(Internal Status Change)

April 26, 2021 at 1:50 pm #8625813

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

the problem is that the default locale for Urdu is defined twice in your database. Normally you cannot specify the same locale for two separate languages in the WPML interface, so it seems the value got edited manually via the database.

I suggest returning the Urdu locale from icl_languages to its proper value - "ur" or to set it to "ur_IN" or "ur_PK" as per hidden link and then re-translate the string again. Also, make sure to clear the WPML cache afterwards in WPML -> Support -> troubleshooting. I also suggest to backup the database before making this changes.

This will solve your issue.

Best Regards
Marcel

image1619441197263.png