Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 16, 2019 at 2:01 pm

morrisF-2

The string translations are not working even though they are registered and translated. We tried everything we could, entered all string translations at the right place, but they are not showing up.

hidden link
[ credentials removed, added to Notes section ]

Would be nice if we could get the string problem fixed, as we are translating our page hidden link to alot of languages. That above is our stagning, where we copied everything for you guys to have a look. My programmer assured me its not the theme or any other settings.

Waiting for some help.
Regards,
Morris

July 16, 2019 at 6:31 pm #4223225

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. When I try to access your site, a screen appears to add the credentials, but it appears that the credentials are incorrect. After I use them, the screen appears again. I'll attach an image for you to see. Please, could you check? Your next answer will be private.

Also, I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly. Are you saying that these translated strings are not being displayed on the front end? Could you show one of them so I can test?

Thank you.

July 17, 2019 at 8:30 am
July 18, 2019 at 9:13 am #4236517

morrisF-2

Any News?

July 18, 2019 at 10:11 am #4237301

morrisF-2

Also, the logo does not get copied over as well. My programmer said, thats also from the string translations.

July 22, 2019 at 8:52 pm #4261217

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

First of all, my sincere apologies for the delay. When I access your site, it looks like these translations are now being displayed correctly. I'll attach two pictures for you to see.

Maybe this was a cache issue? At the moment, at least these strings I noticed are translated. Is the problem with some other string?

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] String Translations not Working’ is closed to new replies.