Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're trying to translate strings in Elementor widgets such as forms and buttons, and they are not translating on the front end, you might be wondering if there's a setting you're missing.
Solution:
First, ensure that you have translated the Elementor template that contains the strings you want to translate. After translating the template, clear your website's cache and check if the translation appears on the front end. It's important to note that to translate the content of templates, you must translate the entire templates themselves. For a step-by-step guide on how to translate Elementor templates, we recommend you follow this documentation:

If this solution doesn't seem relevant to your issue, please don't hesitate to open a new support ticket with us for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
January 29, 2024 at 2:33 pm #15238963

Alexander

I'm trying to translate strings in Elementor widgets (forms, buttons etc.) but it won't translate in the front end. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

I have checked the memory limit and it is set to 6144 MB.

VrIhuTrOs2.jpg
JqoLhyb44D.jpg
January 29, 2024 at 2:47 pm #15239085

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

1) I would need to look closely at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your answer will be private, meaning only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate the Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

2) Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read a detailed explanation about it here. (http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support)
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured.

Best regards,
Osama

January 29, 2024 at 3:01 pm #15239261

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the access details. Please translate this template. (hidden link)

After that, please clear the cache and check if the button is translated on the front end.

Best regards,
Osama

January 29, 2024 at 3:03 pm #15239266

Alexander

Yeah, I wanted to avoid translating every Elementor Template for the sake of the button text. I thought that String Translation could handle that? Is there no other way to translate the strings in Elementor widgets besides translating every Template?

January 29, 2024 at 3:05 pm #15239316

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Unfortunately, you need to translate the templates to translate the template's content. Please check this guide. (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#translate-elementor-templates)

Best regards,
Osama

January 29, 2024 at 3:16 pm #15239349

Alexander

Ok, thank you!

January 29, 2024 at 3:19 pm #15239356

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

You are more than welcome! 🙂 Please let me know if translating the template fixed the issue.

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Osama

Alexander confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-01-30 09:40:37.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.