This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: String translations is not showing for Guest users

Solution: Few of the translated strings were not showing the translation for the Guest users. It works fine after the following steps.

a) Visit WPML>>Languages>>Make themes work multilingual, enable *Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality* option

b) Visit WPML>>Languages>>Language filtering for AJAX operations, enable *Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX* option

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/enabling-language-cookie-to-support-ajax-filtering/

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pascalE-4 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 23, 2019 at 12:16 pm #4265865

pascalE-4

I am trying to: Translate with the string translation.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: The translations without connected as Admin.

Instead, I got: No translations, at all.

July 23, 2019 at 4:52 pm #4268279

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues. I have a couple of requests to track the issue.

1) Please share me the steps to reproduce the issue on your site

2) It is happening with Guest users only? Please share a couple of screenshots for a better understating of the problem.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 24, 2019 at 6:34 am #4270561

pascalE-4

Hello,

Yes that only occurs while I'm a guest user (not connected to the wordpress dashboard).
As You can see on the pictures, only the translations that were made by the translation management are working.

Another remark, that maybe is the source of the problem, is the cookie _icl_current_language (and the new cookie _icl_current_admin_language_..........) that only appears when I'm connected to the wordpress dashboard.

Best regards,

Davide

July 24, 2019 at 1:59 pm #4275377

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please try the following steps and check is there any difference in the result.

a) Visit WPML>>Languages>>Make themes work multilingual, enable *Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality* option

b) Visit WPML>>Languages>>Language filtering for AJAX operations, enable *Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX* option

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 25, 2019 at 6:59 am #4279645

pascalE-4

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!