Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
January 5, 2018 at 5:10 pm #1474618

Duane

I am trying to: Translate custom fields for the MemberPress member account form

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: crss-sct.ca

I expected to see: French translations in the dropdown "Select" fields of the Member Account form

Instead, I got: While my custom fields do appear in String Translation and I've translated all of them, the translations are not appearing on the front end.

January 7, 2018 at 9:49 pm #1475588

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

The MemberPress plugin by Caseproof, LLC is not in our compatibility list in the following link.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/
Not being on this list does not mean that it is not compatible it just means we do not know yet if it is.

Could you, please share with me this plugin and explain to me in details (do 1.2.3...) how I can replicate this problem?
You can upload it to a service like Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link with me.
For this I'll enable private message for the next reply.

January 10, 2018 at 4:59 pm #1480253

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Duan and thanks for sharing the plugin and the steps details.

When I try this on my local server, I get nothing for the translated account page.
I mean that I do not get the custom fields that I've created, but I also do not get "First name' 'Last name' and 'Email' fields. The whole form is not showing in the other language.
Is it the situation also on your site or do you have a problem only with the custom fields that you had created?

January 11, 2018 at 3:07 pm #1481730

Duane

Hi Itamar,

Sorry, I missed that step in my instructions. MemberPress generates the default Member Account page automatically, so it's not a WP page that can be linked to a translation — but they provide a shortcode for the Member Account Form that can be added manually to pages (hidden link).

Here's the section on this shortcode from their documentation:

[mepr-account-form]
Shows the user account information form. This typically isn't used, unless you want to show account information somewhere besides the MemberPress Account page that exists by default. This can also be useful for folks using WPML who create separate account pages for each language.

So, you'd need to create a page in the other language and add the [mepr-account-form] shortcode, and you should then see the form on your page.

Again, I'm happy to provide access to our staging site if that might help diagnose the issue.

Thanks,
Duane

January 15, 2018 at 10:44 am #1484475

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Duan and thanks for the extra details.

I can reproduce this problem on a clean WordPress installation. The custom user information filed's name, and options are not showing the translation on the front-end. It is happening although they are translated in the Strings Translation section.

I'm now escalating this issue to compatibility team, and they will check for a possible fix for that. FYI, the cooperation of the plugin's author might be required. It would be great if you could contact the authors and urge them to join our Go Global Program. You can find details about it here. https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/. We will be happy to cooperate with the authors in making their plugin officially compatible with WPML.

I'll keep you updated here for any news from our compatibility team.

Thanks,
Itamar.

January 25, 2018 at 12:37 pm #1496852

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Duan.

Our compatibility team developer has checked this issue and found the following as the solution for this problem.

Edit memberpress/app/controllers/MeprAccountCtrl.php line 121 and change:

$mepr_options = MeprOptions::fetch();

To this:

$mepr_options = MeprOptions::fetch( true );

This forces reloading options in the account page.
Can you please change it and confirm that is working for you?

The topic ‘[Closed] String translations of MemberPress custom fields not displaying on frontend’ is closed to new replies.