Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by benR-2 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
December 21, 2019 at 3:49 pm #5175769

rufusB

I've isolated string translator as the cause of the following problem.

When logged out from the second language site and attempting to add a product to cart, you will be taken to a 404 page with the same url as the product. Refreshing the page will restore the product page and the product will be in the cart with a message that suggests you have tried to add a second identical product. See attached, note urls are the same.

December 21, 2019 at 4:47 pm #5176027

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

As discussed previously, please follow the instructions in my private reply(DECEMBER 21, 2019 AT 4:46 PM) to migrate your website to our platform.

Best regards,
Jamal

December 21, 2019 at 4:49 pm #5176029

rufusB

I'll wait for the migration instructions.

December 21, 2019 at 4:53 pm #5176031

rufusB

That's started, thanks

December 21, 2019 at 5:00 pm #5176041

Jamal
Supporter

Let me know when it is finished.

December 21, 2019 at 5:33 pm #5176065

rufusB

All yours, cheers.

December 22, 2019 at 9:10 am #5177641

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

First, I was able to reproduce the issue: Adding a product "De Mi Viejo Santiago – Ñico Saquito, Ecos del Tivolí" from the secondary language while logged out, generated a 404 error, refreshing the page or opening the product on another tab shows that the product is added to the cart.

I tried a minimal setup(Default theme and only WPML plugins), the issue was not present, I then reactivated the theme then the plugins (a couple each time) and the issue was resolved.

Please check on the migrated site, then perform the same procedure on your website.

To check on the migrated site, you will need to add the following entry to your hosts file. Here how to do it hidden link

46.101.155.28    es.wordpress-219772-1101634.cloudwaysapps.com

Let me know if this works for you.

Best regards,
Jamal

December 22, 2019 at 12:30 pm #5178319

rufusB

Hi, thanks for that. I wasn't able to use the cloned site as beyond the second language home page it redirected to the live site.

I did try your fix and what I find is that the problem exists where both Jetpack AND string translations are active. I tested with both themes and tried deactivating my Jetpack settings but just for both plugins to be active is enough to cause the problem.

December 22, 2019 at 1:49 pm #5178515

Jamal
Supporter

I am not familiar with how Jetpack works, but I would like to take a look at your current settings. Would you allow me to access your backend as an administrator? Your next reply will be private to let you share the credentials safely.

December 22, 2019 at 3:06 pm #5178945

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you, I could not see any settings on Jetpack that could help us resolve this issue.

Let's wait for the Jetpack support before investigating this issue further.

December 25, 2019 at 9:31 am #5192115

rufusB

Hi, Paul Ciano of Jetpack got back yesterday and I sent them a wp-debug log of the time the error occurred with just woocommerce, WPML and Jetpack plugins active. They also requested WPML plugins which I was unable to send. here's their email. hidden link

December 25, 2019 at 9:40 am #5192127

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, I can't access the email URL, can you paste the content of the email in your next reply, I set it as private.

December 25, 2019 at 12:01 pm #5192383

rufusB

Hi Jamal, there's nothing really in the email but Paul Ciano is at support@jetpack.com

December 25, 2019 at 2:27 pm #5192825

Jamal
Supporter

Hello! You can download all version of WPML from your download page https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

I tried to reproduce the issue on the migrated site by activating this option hidden link
But I could not reproduce this issue on our server.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to contact JetPack support, If we reproduced this error on one of our servers, I'll escalate it to our compatibility team, this team is already in contact with JetPack and all the compatible plugins.

Please, let me know what Paul Ciano will find.
Cheers.

December 26, 2019 at 2:48 pm #5196571

rufusB

1. As I said I am unable to send your plugins to Jetpack.

2. As I also said, beyond the home and menu pages of the second language clone site, where the problem is found, it redirected to the live site. I am currently unable to access the second language clone at all so I'm not sure what you're trying to replicate. At any rate, if I'm unable to access products on the second language site, Jetpack staging site is of no use.

3. I am now stuck in the middle of you saying you can't contact Jetpack and Jetpack telling me they can't do anything without the plugins I can't send them.

The topic ‘[Closed] String Translator causes add to cart 404, logged out in second language’ is closed to new replies.