This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.64 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cliffA 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
July 26, 2019 at 9:45 pm #4291955

cliffA

I am trying to:
Translate a text in a theme e.g. By FCT should be Par FCT and at the bottom Categories: should be: Catégories:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

Within the back I have the text for the proper domain translated and checked as completed. Also have the Theme and plugin localization setup to use the Strings and language files

This is a older site in which everything was working earlier however just recently noticed that the theme specific values are not translating when setup for the theme specific text domain or default text domain(did translations for both).

However the core WordPress text seems to be translating.

I went through the site and disabled the plugins that were using the gettext filter to see if that was causing issues but still no luck.

July 27, 2019 at 1:55 am #4292091

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

First of all, please try increasing the WordPress Memory Limit to 256M or higher and see if it helps. Also, make sure your server meets all the requirements for running WPML:

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Apart from that, it seems you have all the setup correctly. If increasing memory doesn't work, please provide me WordPress login details so that I can debug further.

I've marked your next reply as private so that only you and I have access to it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

July 29, 2019 at 7:49 pm #4303271

cliffA

I removed the last reply since I was able to see it as guest which was not set as private.

July 30, 2019 at 2:22 pm #4308315

cliffA

Please provide a way to give you access.

July 31, 2019 at 7:16 am #4312067

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I've marked your next reply as private again. Please check.

August 1, 2019 at 12:03 am #4317853

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for providing the details.

I checked your theme and found that a lot of strings didn't had a proper text-domain. If you are outputting the string, please use the below code to make sure the theme text is translateable:

_e( 'By', 'fct-theme')

You can find more about gettext functions here:
https://codex.wordpress.org/I18n_for_WordPress_Developers#Introduction_to_Gettext

I went to WPML - Theme and plugins localization and checked option to "Use theme or plugin text domains when gettext calls do not use a string literal". Then scanned the theme again for strings.

I translated the texts you mentioned and checked on front-end. It is working now. Please check and let me know if you have any questions for me.

August 1, 2019 at 2:04 pm #4322517

cliffA

Awesome thank you!