This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 27, 2019 at 9:12 pm

raidoA

I am trying to:
Update WPML and plugins to the latest versions.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:
Previously translated strings (English -> Estonian) to stay in Estonian.

Instead, I got:
Strings are now showing in English, instead of Estonian. Although they are translated under the "String Translation".
Image attached. On the image, example is made with the "Your cart is currently empty". Which is translated, yet on the website it shows it still in English when one goes to the empty cart.

July 29, 2019 at 6:34 am #4297181

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your issue,

I am not sure whether you have saved the translation before the update, The translations you see in the yellow highlighted section is from the plugin .mo files. You can override the translation with your custom translation by selecting the option "use my translation" in the string translation section.

Alternatively, goto WPML > Theme and plugin localization > Localization options, select . "Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation and always load .mo files as backup"

I hope this helps you better, Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Raja