This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to translate front end texts in Woocommerce Points and Rewards plugin

Solution: Go to WPML -> Theme and plugins localization -> Scann the plugin and now you can translate the string in WPML String Translation.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 28, 2018 at 11:32 am

veroniqueL-7

I am trying to: Translate front end texts in Woocommerce Points and Rewards plugin

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: There are 134 strings available for translation in Woocommerce Points and Rewards plugin. When I try to translate via String Translation in WPML, only 9 appear.

Instead, I got: 9 strings for translation out of 134 available in the plugin.

September 30, 2018 at 4:38 pm #2776667

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I have went to WPML -> Theme and plugins localization -> Scanned the plugin and now you can translate the string in WPML String Translation.

2.- Please update all outdated plugins and themes to their latest version. Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code.

Kind regards,
Carlos

October 3, 2018 at 9:52 am #2784098

veroniqueL-7

Hi Carlos,
Thanks a lot, I now have access to (almost) all strings translation. This plugin allows personalizing the points' name but I still can't find how to translate this part. I've been looking for the name I gave them in English and for {points_label} but neither appear. Any idea how I can translate it?
Thanks in advance for your help!

October 3, 2018 at 6:03 pm #2785443

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I'm happy to hear that one part of the issue is solved 🙂

Regarding the strings you can't find, I suspect these are in the admin texts section. To translate this strings you will need to follow the steps provided in the following link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Could you tell me if the issue was solved with the steps above?
Regards,
Carlos

October 4, 2018 at 9:58 pm #2788855

veroniqueL-7

Hi Carlos, it did! Thanks 😀
One last question: I'm having the same issue with another plugin. I scanned it and looked for the missing string in the admin texts sections but was unable to find it. Is there any other place I could look for it?

October 5, 2018 at 5:51 pm #2791456

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Could you provide the steps to see/edit this strings? This way I can take a deeper look and give you an answer 🙂

Regards,
Carlos

October 9, 2018 at 3:38 pm #2800852

veroniqueL-7

Hi,
I went to Theme and plugin localization - ticked the "Do It Simply Select Courses by Dropdown Date" and clicked on "Scan selected plugins for strings". Only 2 appear and they're from the back-end texts, the ones I need to translate are the front-end ones.
In order to check the admin texts, I followed the steps provided here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts
Thanks again for your help!

October 9, 2018 at 6:45 pm #2801576

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
I'm sorry, it seems that I didn't explain myself correctly.

Could you provide the steps to edit the strings that hasn't been translated yet?
Please attach a screenshot of the untranslated strings?

Looking forward to your answer.
Best regards,
Carlos

October 17, 2018 at 10:43 am #2824233

veroniqueL-7

I can't edit these strings. It looks like they're defined within the plugin with no option to edit. Should I contact directly with the plugin developer?

October 17, 2018 at 8:34 pm #2825861

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I would like to ask you to attach a screenshot to your next answer where I can see the strings you need to translate.

Looking forward to your answer.
Best regards,
Carlos

October 17, 2018 at 10:27 pm #2826021

veroniqueL-7

Hi Carlos,
Sorry about that. Here is a screenshot of a product page on the front end (The strings I'm trying to translate are "Choose course" menu and date). The term "course" is adapted to what we sell but I have no idea where the plugin gets it from...

October 18, 2018 at 3:43 am #2826521

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for the screenshot.

I looked into the plugin's code and this string is hardcoded. Please contact the plugin's authors and ask them to follow the recomendations in this link: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-translate-string-added-via-jquery/#post-1432428

Best regards,
Carlos

October 18, 2018 at 11:00 am #2827691

veroniqueL-7

My issue is resolved now. Thanks a lot for your help, Carlos 🙂

October 18, 2018 at 2:24 pm #2828310

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos