This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
June 2, 2019 at 6:27 pm

remyJ-2

I am trying to:
In the back end, the strings and pages are translated and checked as complete but the site is not showing those translations on the front end. It had previously been working and showing on the live site, but now they have reverted back to English other than navigation, some buttons, and headlines. At this time the translations are hidden from the public, but on my developer account they are visible so I can work on it.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
All languages are effected on all pages of the site. For the Chinese translation of the home page I manually went in to Divi visual editor for that specific homepage and copied from the WPML editor back end and copied into the visual editor. That one is looking fine, but everything else isn't and I don't want to manually do this for every single page for all 6 languages.

I expected to see:
Translated content throughout the site for all languages.

Instead, I got:
Only partially translated text/elements on the front end of the site.

June 2, 2019 at 6:36 pm #3938043

remyJ-2

Here are all the site urls for the languages we currently have translated:

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

June 3, 2019 at 1:06 pm #3942563

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

The credentials provided are not allowing me to login, so I could not login and check. However, I see from your screenshot that the page you are showing is 95% complete. Can you please try making it 100% complete and let me know if the translations display?

Please also try increasing the WP Memory Limit. You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Let me know if this changes anything.

June 6, 2019 at 9:22 am #3967731

remyJ-2

I'm attempting to test your theory, most of my pages are now back out for completion of translation. As soon as I get them back I'll drop a note of the status. Previously, even when the pages weren't 100% translated, they showed on the page... but now it's not. It makes me suspicious of that theory, but it doesn't mean it's wrong. Thanks.

June 6, 2019 at 1:16 pm #3969379

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thanks for the update, please let me know the results once you receive the translations back.