This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
August 1, 2017 at 8:07 am #1332012

gentianG

Dear Support,

I am trying to translate several strings from "String Translation". From back-end we have translated those strings but they are still showing same language in English version of website.

Link to my site: hidden link

August 1, 2017 at 9:19 am #1332096

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello.

I will be helping you with this issue. I understand that although you have translated strings in the backend, the translations are not appearing in the frontend view of the pages.

Often this happens for one of two reasons:
a) the wrong string has been translated in the backend or the string is not correctly localised in the template

b) the string is actually a configuration parameter of your theme or coming from a widget

1. Next Steps
1.1 Please install and activate the following plugins:
File Manager
ARI Adminer

2. Temporary Access to your system
Could you please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem? The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

Thanks!

August 2, 2017 at 10:54 am #1333101

Yvette
Supporter

Hello.

I connected to your system and could see that you had created a page template for the english version of the Calculator.

I also noticed that the system was not allowing you to attach this page template to the page "Pensions Calculator".

I achieved the assignment by temporarily unlinking the pages from each other, changing the template assignment in the English page, and then linking the pages as translations of each other again.

Now the English page has retained the template assignment and you can see the English version of your calculator.

I hope this resolves your issue.

August 5, 2017 at 11:03 am #1335779

gentianG

Hello,
Thank you for your support.

Kindly could you please assist with Fiscal Profit Page? Albanian "Perfitimi Fiscal"

Thank you for your support and your time.

Kind Regards,

August 7, 2017 at 9:42 am #1336259

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I am not able to repeat the process I did in the last page for some reason.

Generally, you need to add the following configuration to the wpml-config.xml file of the active theme in order to allow the custom field _wp_page_template to be translatable.

<custom-fields>
    <custom-field>_wp_page_template</custom-field>
  </custom-fields>

At the moment, this custom field is being "copied" from the original language page automatically in the background. As a result, you cannot have different templates applied to the translated pages.

I tried adding the above entries to the wpml-config.xml file in your theme but the theme is not accepting the custom field change as expected. I also noticed that you have an error message in the Dashboard -> Themes section (see image).

I can now see that the theme "Scalia" is no longer existing. Have you changed the name of this theme to "Invest"?

If you are changing the theme Scalia to something custom, this may no longer be compatible with the WPML architecture.

I wait for your clarifications on what is the current situation with your theme. In my opinion, I can only help you once your general theme issues are sorted out.

The topic ‘[Closed] Strings translated in backend but showing same language in frontend’ is closed to new replies.