This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I'm trying to translate some strings of "the grid" plugin, but i can't locate them in strings traslation.

Solution: It seems that you need to create a separate grid for the secondary language. Right now, you're using the same shortcode in both English and Greek language of the page.

As you can see on the General tab, the language of this grid is English. I think you should create a new grid, using the same settings, but select the Greek language for the Grid Language option. Then, go to the Filter/Sort tab, add the strings in Greek, and use the shortcode of the new grid on the translated page.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/strings-translation-the-grid/#post-5871753

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by harrisD 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 3, 2020 at 9:36 pm #5835699

harrisD

I'm trying to translate some strings of "the grid" plugin, but i can't locate them in strings traslation

April 6, 2020 at 7:31 am #5844969

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Harris,

Can you go to WPML → Theme and plugins localization, select the The grid, and scan the plugin for strings. Once you did this, just simply go to WPML → String translation and look again for the strings.

Can you give this a try and tell me how this goes, please?

If this is not working as expected, just send me a link to the page where I can see these strings, and give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a look at how are they created.

Thanks,
Radu

April 9, 2020 at 5:26 am #5871753

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Harris,

Can you check the page you send to me, please?
hidden link

I just simply removed the text from the Sort By Text field from here (Filter/Sort tab):
hidden link

and now the grid uses the default string, the one that's on WPML → String Translation. However, things are not the same for the Search Text field.

I'm not familiar with the The Grid plugin but it seems that you need to create a separate grid for the secondary language. Right now, you're using the same shortcode in both English and Greek language of the page.

As you can see here, on the General tab:
hidden link

the language of this grid is English. I think you should create a new grid, using the same settings, but select the Greek language for the Grid Language option. Then, go to the Filter/Sort tab, add the strings in Greek, and use the shortcode of the new grid on this page:
hidden link

Please give this a try and tell me how things work this time.

Thanks,
Radu

April 13, 2020 at 6:39 pm #5898599

harrisD

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!