This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
July 4, 2018 at 8:47 am #2460934

tsetsgeeE

With the plugin below, the survey question and answers do not show up on the front end even after translating them in the String Translation:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/yith-woocommerce-surveys/

July 4, 2018 at 5:20 pm #2464451

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @tsetsgeee, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

We have some YITH plugins listed in our list of computable plugins, but not the "yith-woocommerce-surveys": https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv_post_search=yith&wpv_filter_submit=Search

Please go to WPML > Theme and Plugin Localization > Localization options and set it to Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files).

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

July 5, 2018 at 2:40 pm #2467873

tsetsgeeE

It is already set to this option.

July 5, 2018 at 4:01 pm #2468344

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

In this case, please send us access to your WordPress dashboard (website URL, login and password) I'll check and do some tests. - Please use the private field to send the sensitive data - do not post if you do not see it.

It would be better if you give me a test site rather than the live site.

IMPORTANT We always recommend to backup a working copy of site files and database before.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All-in-one WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please let me know if this is ok for you.

Regards,
Diego

July 9, 2018 at 12:14 pm #2476159

tsetsgeeE

Do you think you could help me by providing an XML code to register admin texts with the String Tranlsation table in order to translate the strings because I am struggling to backup the web site.

July 9, 2018 at 2:17 pm #2476660

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

You can use one of the following plugins to generate back up your website:
- Duplicator
- All in one WP Migration

I will provide an XML code, but first I need to check how these strings are stored in your dashboard / database to generate the code.

Regards,
Diego

July 17, 2018 at 8:40 am #2529704

tsetsgeeE

I still need assistance and did not close it myself.

July 17, 2018 at 8:44 am #2529716

tsetsgeeE

Please give me a private field to provide you with the site credentials.

July 17, 2018 at 2:25 pm #2530414

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there, i enabled the private field now.

Regards,
Diego

July 18, 2018 at 1:17 pm #2532456

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

I checked your dashboard and these strings are with the "partial translation" status. Could you please complete the translation to all languages and check if the issue persist? Please clear all caches before testing (browser, WordPress and server).

Regards,
Diego

July 19, 2018 at 12:51 pm #2534761

tsetsgeeE

I have completed the translations and cleared the caches. But, didn't help.

July 19, 2018 at 3:35 pm #2535133

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there, Please try the following:
- Go to the String Translator
- Search for the Strings
- Select the string
- Click on Change the language of selected strings at the bottom and change it from english to Mongolian (The default language of the website)
- Translate the strings again
- Clear all caches and test

If it still don't work, please send me the link of the page where the string is located (the survey page?), and the settings page where the strings are defined (if there is one). I will do some tests.

Regards,
Diego

July 20, 2018 at 5:13 am #2536277

tsetsgeeE

When I press "Change the language of selected strings", there is no response.
Please find the links you requested below:

hidden link

hidden link

July 20, 2018 at 2:48 pm #2564961

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

I did some tests with the plugin on a clean WP install and the translation is not working. So it is a plugin compatibility issue.

I will forward the details to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the author. Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

It would be great if you can also contact the author asking him to reply us. You could also refer them to our Go Global program so that we can help them make their product compatible with WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

This may help expedite the process.

Regards,
Diego

July 21, 2018 at 7:47 am #2566831

tsetsgeeE

Okay, I understand the problem. But, do you think you could do the magic of admin texts once more for this case?