This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
June 14, 2019 at 9:31 pm

adrian-rS

I am trying to: stop doing the same process everyweek

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: you have to enter my backend

I expected to see:my query monitor gets really high. I created a ticket long ago, and could fix it, but the thing is that every week or so, wpml regenerates the strings and I have to erease them via php myadmin all over again. it's annoying. I really need you to help me find a permanent solution to this. please see video in link for more explanations.
hidden link
Hope to hear form you soon
Best regards

June 15, 2019 at 3:59 pm #4028299

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

I read your previous tickets and watched your video. Unfortunately, at the moment we don't have a permanent solution for this. We'll change how String Translation behaves to improve performance in the next versions of WPML (probably from version 4.3) but at the moment we don't have a permanent solution.

Did you try to unregister all the domains from automatic register in the String Translation page? When you update or install a new plugin the strings will probably registered again, but this way you shouldn't need to redo the deleting process every week.
You might also try to change your settings in WPML -> Theme and plugin translation, and see if loading .mo files helps with String Translation.