This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by borja-alonsoL 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 13, 2018 at 8:02 am #2813928

borja-alonsoL

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have sucessfully setup translations for al fields and testimonies on "Strong Testimonials" plugin but I cannot find where to translate the categories. Those aren´t listed on hierarchy, string trans., etc.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No, there isn´t

Is there a similar example that we can see?
On hidden link you can see all fields in english but categories selector, which are still in Spanish

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

October 15, 2018 at 2:40 pm #2817981

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @borja-alonsol, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Please go to WPML > Settings > Taxonomies Translation and check if the category is set to "Translatable".

After that, you will be able to translate it through WPML > Taxonomy Translation.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

October 16, 2018 at 7:02 am #2819864

borja-alonsoL

Hi Diego, thanks for your repply.
Yes, my setup allows to translate categories and I have also previously translated other categories like product ones but for those categories related to Strong testimonials plugin I can´t find them under taxonomy translation, they just appear:
Markup
News & Announcements
Trends & Cravings
Uncategorized
and none related to those created under the plugin.
Thanks in advance
Dave

October 16, 2018 at 2:41 pm #2821456

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

This seems to be a compatibility issue. In this case we need to reproduce the issue on a clean install to isolate it and run some tests.

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install with WPML. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the plugin to this test install and setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options). Please note that we only need the plugin, the related functionality and some dummy content to reproduce the issue. You don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

Regards,
Diego

October 17, 2018 at 10:41 pm #2826041

borja-alonsoL

Thanks Diego!
I have already done. To be honest, I have been quick and simple on the setup but I think it´s enough for you to test. I could create some formularies but I doubt it will help much, once the issue is with the categories. If you can translate then I will perform a deeper setup in order to mimic my current plugin setup and find the point!
Under the left-side menu you will find TESTIMONIALS-->CATEGORIES. There I have setup a couple, with category name, description and slug, as I have on my live site. Please check if you can find then under WPML taxonomy menu (I tried but WPML is not setup yet)
Thanks in advance!

October 18, 2018 at 1:52 pm #2828190

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks, The simpler the better, I think it is enough.

It seems to me that the following workflow worked on the testing website:
- Go to WPML > Settings > Taxonomies Translation and set the Testimonial Categories (wpm-testimonial-category) to "Translatable - only show translated items". Save.
- Go to WPML > Taxonomy Translation. The Testimonial Categories is displayed on the dropdown.

Vlou you please check the test website and try to apply the same steps on your website?

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Regards,
Diego

October 28, 2018 at 7:16 am #2855999

borja-alonsoL

It worked great!
Thanks, Diego!!
Have a nice day