This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 15, 2019 at 5:35 am

abdullaA-6

I am trying to:translate the main page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:the page structure as we designed it in page builder

Instead, I got: the widgets in one column and not well arranged as we wanted

July 15, 2019 at 9:14 am #4208821

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please let me know if you also tried to use the duplication method below:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

July 15, 2019 at 1:40 pm #4211597

abdullaA-6

Yes I did duplicate it, the translation is fine but the html out put after the translation destroyed the page builder structure and made the whole content in one row.

I assume the right question and solution is how to edit the html after translation

July 15, 2019 at 3:43 pm #4213027

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the explanation.

Can you also please let me know if you tried this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-wpml-siteorigin/

If you just clicked Translate or the "+" icon and did not use the duplication functionality, I would need you to please first create a full backup of the site and then remove the current translation (remove the translated page completely) and then follow the documentation above.

If you followed that documentation above, can you please let me know if I have your approval to delete the translated homepage myself and test a few things? Or if it would be easier and better for you if I simply duplicate the site and test it on my own server, that would be fine for me, too.

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

July 15, 2019 at 4:02 pm #4213175

abdullaA-6

I dont mind do what's better for you

July 16, 2019 at 3:17 pm #4221665

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your patience.

I tried to test this on your site and it seems that when I duplicate it, the content is only partially displayed here (hidden link) - the categories filter is completely missing, only the slider at the top shows.

Another thing would be that there are so many plugins that you have active on your site so my guess is that at least one of them is somehow conflicting with WPML (maybe even the theme) but we can't know for sure what is causing that until we don't run a few more tests.

I would need to know from you what are the MUST-HAVE plugins that we need to be active on the site - we will need to run a test where we have active just the theme that you are using and just the plugins that were used to create the homepage (in our case, i think siteorigin builder plugin).

Can you please let me know if there's any other plugin we would need to have active that is used to generate any of the functionality in the homepage? (I don't know if the Product Categories filter is coming from the theme or from the siteorigin builder or from another plugin)

Here are the things that I think I should leave enabled: WPML plugins, the theme you are using, WooCommerce, Siteorigin builder

Is there any other plugin that the site would need to have the homepage running?

I want to run a test with just the plugins that are needed for this being active.

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai

July 17, 2019 at 6:46 am #4226209

abdullaA-6

no issues, go ahead do your tests, you can deactivate the plugins that you don't want Active. once your done we can choose what to activate again. we also have a back up if anything goes worng

thanks

July 17, 2019 at 1:00 pm #4230213

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

That sounds great, thank you for the confirmation.

I will keep you up to date.

Kind regards,
Mihai

July 19, 2019 at 2:43 pm #4247043

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hello and thank you very much for your patience.

After spending more time on your site and testing with multiple plugins in the active/disabled state, it seems that the main issue is with the "Conductor" plugin.

It seems that this plugin is the one responsible for generating that "Categories" filter at the top of the homepage (default language) but whenever that one is enabled, the content is not showing anymore on the translated homepage (hidden link).

For the moment, I have disabled the 2 plugins ( "Conductor" and "Conductor - Slider Add-On") and the content is now showing fine on the translated homepage (hidden link).

The "Conductor" plugin is not part of our official WPML-compatible plugins repository here (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/) and I think it has compatibility issues with WPML.

As a solution for this, I'd suggest you contact the plugin authors and recommend them to join our 'Go Global' program (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/) where our Compatibility developers will help them make their plugin 100% compatible with WPML for free.

Also, I think there are a lot of plugins that are still active that are not used anymore (it looks like some of them were used together with other themes that you had active in the past) so my recommendation is to deactivate whatever you don't use anymore so that the performance of the site will be improved.

I hope that you will find the information above useful.

If you still have questions regarding this issue, please let me know.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai