This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 11, 2019 at 8:36 am #4187389

edB-3

I am trying to:
Duplicate pages created by Elementor Pro in different language sub folders.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:
The styles and markup appear and behave the same for the duplicated pages as they do for the parent page.
Instead, I got:
No styles and no markup

July 11, 2019 at 12:50 pm #4189881

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me of the issue is happening for pages where you use Elementor Pro templates perhaps? We do have some issues with Elementor Pro not picking up styles upon duplication, but mostly it happens to either templates or specific elements such as buttons.

Perhaps it would be useful if I create a clean sandbox for you where you could emulate the behavior you're seeing on your site, so that I could escalate this to our compatibility team. Let me know if you would be interested in that option.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 11, 2019 at 3:36 pm #4191523

edB-3

Hey

Thank you for picking this up.

I can confirm we are not using Elementor Pro templates to create our pages, but instead we are building them from scratch using their provided editor.

I'm not sure how useful a sandbox environment would be to be honest, as we've already tested it on multiple environments without any luck. But if you feel like this would help diagnose than feel free to get set up. 🙂

On a few occasions we were able to duplicate the content, but only by duplicating from parent then translating. (This would work inconsistently and would only work when having WPML's Translation Editor enabled).

Thanks

July 12, 2019 at 5:31 am #4195247

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Our compatibility team always asks us to test scenario in a clean WordPress installation, so that we can exclude any possible plugin incompatibility. Therefore I would suggest the following:

Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: A0IsRQh3q1b9

Try to emulate the same behavior here - perhaps it would help us narrow down the issue if you create the Elementor page having the same elements? We will need only one page and if we see that the issue is happening there, I will bring this to our compatibility team.

Don't spend too much time on this - only the initial WPML configuration ( as you have it on your site) and we would need one page duplicated and that's all :).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Styles and Markup generated by Elementor Pro do not get carried over to any dupl’ is closed to new replies.