This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
March 10, 2019 at 10:22 am #3303613

valentinaC-4

Hi There,
My subcategory pages bring a 404, this is an issue I had since I installed WPML, till now I have been just going to the permalinks, change them and change them back, now somehow this is not working anymore.
Category pages work fine. Subcategory pages break:
hidden link Broken
hidden link Fine

This happens in both languages and I have no idea how to fix it and, hopefully, avoid it happens again. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

March 11, 2019 at 9:43 am #3309299

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, there.

I'll try to help you with this issue.

You mention that the 404 issue for sub-categories also happens in the default language of the site. This makes me suspect that the issue is not caused by WPML.
Do you have the option to check if the issue persists when WPML is temporarily deactivated?

Other than that, if the issue does not persist when WPMl is deactivated, please let me know about the following.

1. Does the issue happen with regular post categories or other custom post categories?

2. I can see that WPML and its add-ons are not updated on your site to their latest versions.
Could you please update WPML and its add-ons to their latest version and see if the issue persists?

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Subcategory pages broken’ is closed to new replies.