Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 9 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
February 20, 2020 at 2:31 pm #5533879

peter

I have a wordpress site with wpml that works perfectly with 4 languages in subdomain.
mon-site.com (French), it.mon-site.com (Italian), en.mon-site.com (English) and de.mon-site.com (German).

I try to create a sub-domain sub.mon-site.com but it is automatically redirected to my-site.com?

I have checked my configuration several times with the host and everything is correct.
The new wordpress fresh installation of sub.mon-site.com is in a subfolder.

Does setting up WPML with subdomains automatically redirect subdomains to the main domain?

February 21, 2020 at 9:31 pm #5544043

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us. Please, could you post the contents of the .htaccess file so that I can verify (.htaccess that is inside the subdomain, which is redirecting incorrectly)?

Also, please as a test, could you disable the WPML plugins and see if the problem persists?

Thank you.

February 22, 2020 at 9:16 am #5545553

peter

Hi,
Thank you for your message.
The .htaccess is a standard of a wordpress installation

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
# END WordPress

I have disable the plugin and the problem persists, and everything's ok with the host.
I think the problem is the wildcard SSL rom Let's ecrypt. Perhaps i have to wait more than 48 hours for the DNS propagation as i had created the subdomain the day before yesterday (47 hours now) ? I will see today or tomorrow if the problem persists and if it persists, i have to find a solution with my web host as the problem is not with wpml plugin or .htacess but surely with Wild card SSL DNS propagation...

Thanks
Best regards

February 24, 2020 at 10:59 am #5553487

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi there,

Bruno is off today, so I am taking care of this ticket, hope that is OK. 🙂

I have disable the plugin and the problem persists, and everything's ok with the host.

That's strange if WPML was causing this issue when WPML disabled, subdomains should work. So this looks like an issue with configuration on your hosting. I will try as much as I can to help you out but you will probably need to contact your hosting company.

Also, I have found out in the documentation of your hosting company following:

For example, the address test.domain.com is the shortened address of domain.com/test. In other words, the address test.domain.com returns to the test file which is located at the root of the domain.com website

Link: hidden link

this means simply said if everything set up correctly you should be able to visit your subdomain by visiting your main domain and adding a directory, example: domain.com/test.

Can you please check one more time with your hosting company that subdomains (and WordPress installation) are set up correctly and also that there are no redirections and alias enabled.

Please check and let me know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way or have doubts or questions about the steps mentioned above, I'll do my best to help you in the best way possible.

Regards,
Drazen

February 24, 2020 at 1:49 pm #5555057

peter

Hi,
Thanks for your message, i will find a solution with my host provider as the problem isn't due to wpml.
Thanks a lot for your link, it helps me.
Best regards
Peter

February 24, 2020 at 2:29 pm #5555295

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Thanks for the feedback.

Since this being the case I will be closing this ticket.

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way, I'll gladly help you.

Regards,
Drazen