Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
August 24, 2020 at 10:56 am #6858741

dmitrijsH

Dear Bigul,

Thank you for your reply and tests. I updated to 4.4.0 and was able to find the strings (and translate them). I decided to keep the original email string in English for consistency with the original Woocommerce emails.

However, when I try to send an email for the order created in LV, I get subject and heading translated but not the email body.

Could you please have a look and reopen the ticket. Unfortunately, it took some time to check for me.

In addition, if I want to perform the same steps on the production website, is it safe to update to beta 4.4.0 there? Should I do the clean up steps on the productions site (I would prefer to do them in order to speed up the database).

Thank you,

August 24, 2020 at 5:53 pm #6862069

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Thank you for the feedback. The settings look okay in the Production site now. So as a part of our escalation and debugging procedures, I would like to make sure the issue is existing with the latest version of WordPress, WooCommerce, WPML, and Storefront theme.

Therefore I have a request. Can I upgrade to the latest versions on the Production site? Please let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 24, 2020 at 8:35 pm #6862795

dmitrijsH

Hello,

Please perform any necessary updates on the website to which the access data were submitted. It is not a production website but its testing copy.

Thank you,

August 25, 2020 at 3:05 pm #6870065

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and permission. I will troubleshoot it further and get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 26, 2020 at 6:35 pm #6880091

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

I am unable to reproduce the issue exactly on the staging site and my local copy. On the staging site somehow the email notifications are not sending. The result is the same when all other plugins are deactivated and creating/changing the order status. So please check you can reproduce the issue on the staging site now.

Just to make sure, it happens when we add a new Order from Latvian language and change its order status to Processing and Complete, am I correct?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 2, 2020 at 11:22 pm #6929647

dmitrijsH

Hello Bigul,

Unfortunately, I am not able to show you the screenshots. Could you please activate the plugin Email Log. It will allow you to see which emails are being sent despite the fact that the SMTP mail sending is off.

It happens when I try to make an order in the Latvian language and change the status to Gatavs sanemsanai (Ready for Pickup). In this case, a custom email is sent and its body is not translated from English (that is the original language for these emails).

Sincerely,

September 3, 2020 at 3:25 pm #6936633

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I made a new order in the staging site after upgrading to WPML 4.4 version and enabling the Email Log plugin. The latest version of WPML has a lot of improvements especially related to WPML String Translation. Refer to the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/changelog/2020/09/wpml-4-4-0-major-improvements-for-string-translation-automatic-translation-and-more/

But I am not able to reproduce the issue exactly when I made a new order from the Latvian language. The customer is getting all the mail data in Lativian and for the admin mail body in Lativian and Subject & Heading is in English. Please refer to the following screencast for more details and let me know your feedback.

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Subject and heading translated but not the email body’ is closed to new replies.