This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
March 4, 2019 at 12:12 pm #3268547

carolineB-18

HI

I wrote yesterday and have purchased a new subscription as advised by Agnes Bury to resolve the fact that my site needed updates to carry on with the translation.

I've gone into my dashboard and clicked as follows:
-plugins
-add new
-commercial
-revalidate subscription (this did not work).
-I then tried to check for updates (this again did not work).

What do I need to do please to get this working?

For information my initial enquiry before I purchased a new subscription: I initially purchased WPML in the spring of 2017. I had to abandon translating. I want to start up again. I’m wondering if the WPML version is still compatible as I can’t see the French flag next to the English flag on my home page. I cannot edit the page I’ve translated. Right now it showing “needs update” in the translation content. Does this mean I need to buy the product once more as I never renewed my subscription for updates? If I renew I’m concerned that I’m going to loose all the translation I have done so far. Can you confirm what I should do please? Thanks in anticipation. Regards. Caroline"

Reply for Agnes:
"Hello Caroline, please log into your WPML and renew your subscription while being logged in. Then you will be able to update WPML plugins. You won\'t lose your current translations. In case of any further questions/issues, feel free to use our support forum (you will be able to open tickets once your subscription is active again)"

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Regards.

Caroline

March 5, 2019 at 5:21 pm #3275502

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi Caroline and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this and thank you for your patience.

So I don't know exactly what you see now if you go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add new > Commercial - but there you should see that your WPML product shows as registered.

If it doesn't, all you would need to do is register it following the process below:
https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register

Practically, what you would need to do is:

- go to your WPML.com account here: https://wpml.org/account/sites/
- create a new key for your site domain
- then copy that key and paste it in the backend, in the "Commercial" page

Please let me know how that goes.

If you still need help, I will be waiting for your response here.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei