This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.78 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Related documentation: WooCommerce Multilingual – Run E-Commerce Sites in Several Languages

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Alex.A 4 years, 7 months ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is Alex.A.

Author Posts
Author Posts
August 19, 2013 at 5:25 pm #155866

Brandon

I am using Woo Commerce subscriptions in conjunction with WPML. I have installed all the necessary WPML and Woo plugins for translation (. When I copy a product in the Translation Management panel, the variations do not get copied over as well. In the documentation I read that they are supposed to get copied over.

http://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#translating-products

"These variations will also be synchronized from the original product to the translations. So you don’t need to do anything to translate product variations. Once you define the variations for a product using some attributes, when you translate or duplicate the product, those variations will carry through to the translated product. (For the case of translation, you need to save the post before the variations are copied.)"

To try and fix the issue, I tried to delete the translation of the product from inside the Edit screen of the translation by clicking "Move to Trash". However, the product doesn't seem to delete. Now instead of the "Edit" pencil icon, I see a "refresh" arrow that says "Update Swedish Translation" when I hover over it. Any guidance on these issues would be greatly appreciate.

August 19, 2013 at 7:53 pm #155889

Bruno
Forum moderator

Supporter languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Supporter Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Dear Brandon,

For this to work, you must have installed the WooCommerce Multilingual. Do you have it installed and activated?

You could also tell me what version of WP, WPML, WooCommerce Multilingual are you using?

Thank you.

August 19, 2013 at 8:15 pm #155896

Brandon

I have them all installed and activated. All of my Plugins are up to date. Here are the versions:
WP - 3.6
WooCommerce Multilingual - 2.3.2
WPML Multilingual CMS - 2.9.1
WPML String Translation - 1.8.1
WPML Translation Management - 1.7.1

When I go to the translation management page, I see that I can copy a product and also a product's variations. For my test, I did both. Is that correct? Thank you.

August 20, 2013 at 9:20 am #156023

sarah.n
Forum moderator

Supporter languages: English (English )

Hello Brandon,

This is Sarah. Bruno forwarded your forum thread to me so I will be assisting you from here. Hope this is OK with you.

You asked: "When I go to the translation management page, I see that I can copy a product and also a product's variations. For my test, I did both. Is that correct?"

You mean you bulk duplicated products from "/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpml-translation-management/menu/main.php" I don't see a problem doing this.

I'd like to replicate the issue you are having so could you tell me whether you are you using global attributes or custom ones? Are they already translated?

Thank you!

August 20, 2013 at 2:03 pm #156147

Brandon

Hey Sarah,

I am using global attributes. I have tried duplicating the product before translating the attribute and after. Either way, the variants don't get copied to the new product. If you want back end access to my WP Admin panel, just send me your email and I can get you a login set up.

August 21, 2013 at 9:30 am #156349

sarah.n
Forum moderator

Supporter languages: English (English )

Brandon,

Access details to your install is not necessary. I have replicated the problem locally.

I will forward your forum thread to one of our WCML developers for further assistance.

August 22, 2013 at 2:19 pm #156877

Alex.A

Dear Brandon,
sorry for delay.
I'm working with a new version of WooCommece Multilingual and I want to test your issue with new version. Please sent your DB dump for me (I'll sent request email to you).

August 28, 2013 at 1:51 pm #158475

Alex.A

Dear Brandon,
We are very happy to announce a first beta of the new WooCommerce Multilingual plugin. It’s now available for your download and testing.

This may resolve the problem reported in your ticket.

To download this beta, please log in to your WPML.org account and click on Downloads. Scroll to the bottom and download the CMS Beta Package. As I write this email, the version is 2.9.2-b1. Unzip this file and you will find all of WPML’s components, as well as the beta plugins.
Also please download last WooCommerce Multilingual beta version 2.9.9-b2 and last Media Translation beta version 2.0-b2

You can get all the plugins from these packages. The components that you absolutely need are:
* WPML (sitepress-multilingual-cms) - from the CMS Beta Package 2.9.2-b1
* String Translation - from the CMS Beta Package 2.9.2-b1
* Translation Management - from the CMS Beta Package 2.9.2-b1
* Media Translation - 2.0-b2
* WooCommerce Multilingual - 2.9.9-b2
* WooCommerce, from: http://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/

Complete documentation for the new WooCommerce Multilingual are being prepared right now. You will find usage instructions in the video clip in this blog post:
http://wpml.org/2013/08/wpml-2-9-2-new-media-translation-and-woocommerce-multilingual/

(Click on the WooCommerce image to start the movie)

This clip shows the new way WooCommerce Multilingual works. It’s a lot different than previous versions worked, with an emphasis on ease of use and improved functionality.

Let me know if this new release is resolving your issue.

Regards,

Alex,
WPML team,
By OnTheGoSystems team

August 28, 2013 at 3:04 pm #158521

Alex.A

Dear Brandon,
here is a new documentation page for WooCommerce Multilingual:
http://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/woocommerce-multilingual-beta/

The topic ‘[Closed] Subscription Variations not copying over’ is closed to new replies.