This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
July 2, 2019 at 5:09 pm

ashleyW-5

suddenly tranlated pages disappear, the same happens with the conection within the pages.

We're translated so many times the same pages for this bug. We thought it was because it was duplicated so we add the page instead duplicate it but is the same.

Other bug is when we try to conecct the pages it doesn't save the option or says ther are no posts. or I can't select the option.

Thanks

July 2, 2019 at 10:20 pm #4130213

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

I realized that manz plugins are not updates, which also includes CMS Multilingual, Translation Management and String Translation.

Please go to Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial and proceed with the available udpates. Also make sure that any additional plugin is updated.

Then verify if the issue persists and let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 3, 2019 at 10:46 am #4135057

ashleyW-5

Hi, I already update the plugins the bug persist. You can see it as well with the custom fields.

When you edit the name field to chinese and then you save it. If you return to the Field Groups you're gonna see that thie filed group that you just uptaded it missing.

Also you can tell by counting in the header you can see there are 20 group fields in total, but per language are 19 (I attach an image).

thanks

July 3, 2019 at 4:56 pm #4138205

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

On your site are still 16 updates available which also includes the plugin Advanced Custom Fields. Please proceed with the updates and make sure to download our glue plguin Advanced CustoM Fields Multilingual at Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial.

The Custom Field Group Courses Information was not translated yet. I completed the translation and there are now for each language 10 custom field groups.

Could you please clarify the issue further? Which pages are disappearing? Are there issues with Custom Fields not showing up on Front-End? Please provide links and screenshots, if possible.

Also please clarify when exaclty the issue occurs and provide detailed steps in order for me to be able recreate it.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 4, 2019 at 11:20 am #4142719

ashleyW-5

Hello, I have updated all the add-ons you requested.

I'll explain it to you in steps. For example, I already had my homepage translated and associated.

1.- I went to the Chinese translations with this route Pages-> Chinese (simplified) (32) -> 普拉提 普拉提 普拉提 (Title of the page)

2.- I edited part of the text. and saved it

3.- Now the page doesn't connect with the translations of pages in English. In the block Translate this document you can see the pencil, but if you click on the translation, now it's empty. (Attached image)

4.- If you go to the page in English, the same thing happens. (Image attached) You need to translate the page again. Because if you tried to connect the page doesn't appearse, in case that appearse you can select the page but it doesn't save it

Sometimes, the Chinese page disappears from the list of pages. And sometimes, if you want to add the connection with the page in English or vice versa, it does not allow you to do so.

You can fine 2 pages with the same title the other one have 普拉提亚洲普拉提 - break. It's the same problem I wrote you int the steps. lost the connection

I hope my explaination is better this time :).

Thank you

July 4, 2019 at 7:15 pm #4146145

ashleyW-5

It happens on all the CMS, pages, post, Advance Custom Fields, Taxonomies, etc

July 4, 2019 at 7:30 pm #4146221

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have been debugging your site and the issue with WPML seems to be caused by incompatibility with the "Crevision Theme" and the Plugin "Ultimate Posts Widget". Changing to a default theme and deactivating the plugin seems to solve the issue.

There are various errors regardings Crevision Theme, and the plugins "Q and A FAQ and Knowledge Base for WordPress" and "More Types" on the debug.log which you can find in the folder wp-content.

I would like to ask you to install the following theme/plugins in their latest versions on the mentioned test site:

- Crevision Theme

- Q and A FAQ and Knowledge Base for WordPress

- More Types

- Ultimate Posts Widget

The link to the test site is:

One Click Login: hidden link

Please leave me a short notification once the theme and plugins are installed. It would be also helpful if you could recreate your front page content in a simple way.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 5, 2019 at 2:54 pm #4152259

ashleyW-5

Hi, first of all thank you for the continued support.

I installed the theme and the more types plugins.

The Ultimate Post will be no longer in use so we deleted.
And for the Q and A FAQ we're gonna change the plugin.

I recreated the front page as well.
Let me know if you need something else

Thanks

July 5, 2019 at 7:01 pm #4153583

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have tested the theme with WPML on the provided test site and had a problem to translate the shortocde using a custom XML configuration which I have added to your life site.

Additional strings were abel to be translated with String Translation.

I then deactivated all plugins and activated the wp-debug feature.

The theme errors persists and I would advise you to contact the theme support for clarification:

/impossible-cassowary/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4503

Notice: Undefined variable: TS_DOMAIN in /var/www/public/impossible-cassowary/wp-content/themes/Crevision/functions.php on line 254

Notice: Undefined variable: TS_DOMAIN in /var/www/public/impossible-cassowary/wp-content/themes/Crevision/functions.php on line 255

Notice: Undefined variable: TS_DOMAIN in /var/www/public/impossible-cassowary/wp-content/themes/Crevision/functions.php on line 256

Notice: Undefined variable: TS_DOMAIN in /var/www/public/impossible-cassowary/wp-content/themes/Crevision/functions.php on line 257

Notice: Undefined variable: TS_DOMAIN in /var/www/public/impossible-cassowary/wp-content/themes/Crevision/functions.php on line 258

Notice: Undefined variable: TS_DOMAIN in /var/www/public/impossible-cassowary/wp-content/themes/Crevision/functions.php on line 259

Notice: Undefined variable: TS_DOMAIN in /var/www/public/impossible-cassowary/wp-content/themes/Crevision/functions.php on line 260

Notice: Undefined variable: TS_DOMAIN in /var/www/public/impossible-cassowary/wp-content/themes/Crevision/functions.php on line 261

Notice: Undefined variable: xml in /var/www/public/impossible-cassowary/wp-content/themes/Crevision/inc/update_notifier.php on line 157

Notice: Trying to get property 'latest' of non-object in /var/www/public/impossible-cassowary/wp-content/themes/Crevision/inc/update_notifier.php on line 37

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/public/impossible-cassowary/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4435

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/public/impossible-cassowary/wp-includes/functions.php:4503) in /var/www/public/impossible-cassowary/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 1196

Did you apply any custom coding to the functions.php file?

Now, for the issue on your live site please install the follwoing plugin, which will help to log activities in orde rto indicate when exactly the issue occurs.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/aryo-activity-log/

Once you have reached out to the theme support and received a reply please get back to me again, in case the issues are persisting.

In case the issue will still be there after the theme issues have been fixed, disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

In doubt change to a default theme like TwenityNineteen. If the issue disappears it is realted to errors in the theme.

Let me know about the outcome.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] suddenly pages disappear. The same with the conection pages’ is closed to new replies.