This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 58 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Konrad Karpieszuk 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Konrad Karpieszuk.

Author Posts
March 9, 2020 at 6:32 am #5645355

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi Nina, no reply from devs since my last comment so I pinged him again. If he replies, I will let you know

March 20, 2020 at 3:42 pm #5729115

ninaB-6

HI Konrad,
Since there's still no news from the developers, please advise:
I would like to at least change the pages where the language mixes are obvious at first glance. How do you advise I to that? ATE? or classic? Update/change on the page itself?

Thanks, Nina

March 23, 2020 at 8:14 am #5738701

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

The best will be to use WP native editor. Please, being on the original page edit screen, unselect option "use wpml translation editor" and then edit the translated page.

April 10, 2020 at 11:06 am #5883325

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

hello, our developer is asking if you have the last job id which has failed

April 10, 2020 at 11:42 am #5883733

ninaB-6

No, I don't. The jobs always seem to be done correctly (ATE 100% translated). Then at some point I see on the live webpage that the languages are all jumbled up.

April 10, 2020 at 1:08 pm #5884165

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

> The jobs always seem to be done correctly (ATE 100% translated)

what exactly does it mean? Just after the job is returned it is displayed correctly also in the front end? But after a few days they are not correct anymore?

April 10, 2020 at 5:46 pm #5885643

ninaB-6

Exactly. That's why I've thought the issue has been resolved many times. Then " a while" later the languages are jumbled but the the ATE still shows it as 100% translated and it also is. Just doesn't show like that on the live page anymore. The last changes to the front page I changed manually on the German page itself without using the translator.

April 14, 2020 at 7:02 am #5901459

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

In that case, I am not sure this is the issue with ATE sending again incorrect translation 😐

Could you fix the translation one more time and for some time remove conection/configuraton of ATE (if you are using translation service, remove it, if you are sending translation to local translator, please revoke this wp user the translator role)

Also, do you confirm you are using the newest ACFML (1.6.1, not 1.6.0)?

April 14, 2020 at 9:32 pm #5908285

ninaB-6

Hello Konrad,
On 23.3. I edited the original German page on "tutoring" hidden link and on the page made the changes to English. The page still displays correctly.
I also edited the front page which in the German version was a mix. It displayed correctly. Today I looked at "WPML- Translations" and it said front page needs to be updated. I did in the ATE (there were only a few minor updates necessary) and sure enough now all of it is a big language mix again. Please take a look.

Where can I see what version of ACFML I am running? As far as I know everything is updated.

Please tell me exactly what changes you want me to make to WPML and where. Concerning only old translations, or new ones? Please be specific so I can avoid further mistakes. I don't use any translation services or local translators - only me.

Please confirm that I should make all changes to translations now on the page itself. And what does that mean for new posts/pages and for the future?

Thanks

April 15, 2020 at 10:38 am #5912295

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

please discrad my question about acfml, i thought you are using it but you don't.

About revoking translation role let's pause it for a moment. If we have case from today/yesterday that you lost parts of translations, I again escalated this to our dev. Let him handle it without workarounding.

April 16, 2020 at 6:18 am #5919145

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Hello, our developer found the reason, you have some old values in the database in tables related to translation memory. He will do the cleanup

April 16, 2020 at 8:36 am #5920047

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

hello, our dev has cleaned the data on your site. Please re-translate again (sorry, but you have to do this, he only fixed the thing which was responsible for reverting your translations to original) and see if the issue would happen in the future

April 19, 2020 at 9:18 am #5941575

ninaB-6

Hi Konrad,
that's good news but please advise how to proceed now.
I'm working on the translation of the front page:
1) first I up went on the English version and the classic translation opened: save and close
2) update the English page
3) open with ATE and bring it to 100%: all is translated and appears as such
4) the German page is still a mix of languages

How should I update the translations now? How to avoid having to retranslate over and over again if I need to make updates to the pages?

Thanks.

April 19, 2020 at 9:25 am #5941579

ninaB-6

One more question:
Can I also use an older version, e.g. a revision of one of the dates where I had just completed a translation and it appeared correctly?

April 20, 2020 at 5:37 am #5945325

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

> the German page is still a mix of languages

please fix this translation in any way you like, the simplest would be just edit this page and make corrections. Yes, you can use revisions.

From now on, editing English version should not bring the mix back.