Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
March 29, 2018 at 2:49 pm #1560189

heidiS-4

I submitted a support call request and have not heard back

The email used is mansonchauncey@gmail.com

March 29, 2018 at 3:12 pm #1560222

heidiS-4

These are some things we want to go over in the call

1. We have local WPML configured with our BBH WPML account. We would like to enter content locally, and then push the database up to wp-engine with the content we have entered and reconfigure it on wp engine to use the Marriott wpml account. Is this reconfiguration possible or should we be working on WPML that has been configured with Marriott's account only?

2. Is there a way to keep language pages independent of the english page but still use the translation job management system to translate content? Marriott has a need to update and push out English content updates live without having translations complete.

March 29, 2018 at 7:33 pm #1560473

heidiS-4

We still need help. Please let us know when we can have the call and if you need additional information.

URL: hidden link
Scenario:
A new component (“PORTABLE BFAST POTS”) was added to the English page only however it broke the other in-language pages. Because translations were not in place, it pushed the component code to the other sites minus the content.

URL: hidden link
Scenario:
A video component was accidently added to the homepage on Staging (currently removed), which then also added that component to the in-language pages however the video’s URL did not carry through (even though it’s not technically translatable content) to the in-language pages. Not only did it add a blank component to the in-language pages, but also PHP errors on the front-end.

I added Otto as a user to the WordPress installs. There are passwords needed to access the site. Please contact me at heidi.schwarz@marriott.com and copy chauncey.manson@marriott-sp.com

March 30, 2018 at 1:18 pm #1560918

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi, and thanks for contacting our support forum.

1- Yes, you can create your content locally, and then upload it to your online server, then you can use your WPML account to register the site and send your content to the translation services, see these documents:
https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register
https://wpml.org/documentation/content-translation/send-documents-to-translation/

2- If you published the English pages they will be shown at your site even if their translations have not been completed yet, so yes if you are using the Translation Editor and haven't completed the translated pages yet, this will not affect the original English pages.

3- for the "new component (“PORTABLE BFAST POTS”)"
I will need to see the structure of the original content and its translation, so could you please send me the site credentials I will set the next reply as private for you.

4- For the video, as I understand that you have added a video to your originals language and it has been copied to the other languages and then you removed it from the default language but you can't from the other languages, right?

if this is correct, please go to the original document, and make any small change to the document text (like adding . ) and then click the update button in the original language and check again if this updated the translated pages.

Please let me know if that helps you.
Best Regards.

March 30, 2018 at 1:35 pm #1560927

heidiS-4

Thank you for the response I will forward these answers over to the agency working on the site and see if this helps them

March 30, 2018 at 1:56 pm #1560938

heidiS-4

I have sent the responses to the agency building the site - After reviewing your answers they still had more questions. How can we schedule this call and how soon can this call happen?

March 30, 2018 at 2:27 pm #1560956

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

Can you please ask them to write their questions and send them to us and will check with our team leader and see if needed a call I will let you know the details.

Best Regards.

March 30, 2018 at 3:04 pm #1560997

heidiS-4

These are the questions

1. We have local WPML configured with our BBH WPML account. We would like to enter content locally, and then push the database up to wp-engine with the content we have entered and reconfigure it on wp engine to use the Marriott wpml account. Is this reconfiguration possible or should we be working on WPML that has been configured with Marriott's account only?

2. Is there a way to keep language pages independent of the english page but still use the translation job management system to translate content? Marriott has a need to update and push out English content updates live without having translations complete.

March 30, 2018 at 7:24 pm #1561187

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

1- Yes, you can create your content locally, and then upload it to your online server, then you can use your WPML account to register WPMLon the site, also you can use your WPML account to register the local site.

2- If you published the English pages they will be shown at your site even if their translations have not been completed yet, so yes if your are using the Translation Editor and haven't completed the translated pages yet, this will not affect the original English pages.

Please let me know if this answered your questions, or you still need more clarifications.
Best Regards.

April 2, 2018 at 3:30 pm #1562411

heidiS-4

Hi,

Thank you for the response - the agency and I need more help understanding what the plugin does and how to best utilize it.

Would it be possible to set up an informational call we need the guidance.

Thank you

April 2, 2018 at 3:38 pm #1562421

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I will check with our managers and will let you know.

Best Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] Support Call’ is closed to new replies.