Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 15, 2018 at 8:59 pm #2416254

andreyO

This is just a duplicate of the issue:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/connection-of-translated-pages-lost-no-wpml-menu-sychronization-possible/

Supporter https://wpml.org/forums/users/davidgw/ removed himself from the users list who get notifications and do not answer my questions/issues

June 18, 2018 at 10:42 am #2418720

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for assigning this ticket to me and sorry for the late response here.

In a few hours, we will release WPML 4.3. Actually it already possible to download and try a Release Candidate version 4.3.0-rc.1. So I would recommend trying the RC version or wait a while and try the official version and see if it fixes the two issues on your site. If it does not work then I'll continue to help you with those issues.

I hope that it is Ok with you?

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 19, 2018 at 8:17 am #2421054

andreyO

Hello Itamar,

So, I tried to install new WPML version today, but it failed. I could only update core and media, but it's not possible to update all other plugins. I had to disable everything now, since the website stoped loading corretly after it.

BR,
Andrey

June 19, 2018 at 9:29 pm #2423302

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Andrey.

Your WordPress version is very old (4.3.16).
It might have been the reason for the issue in the first place.
Please first update WordPress to its latest version and update WPML and its add-ons.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

*** If your site is a live site you might want first to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

In addition, for the other issue with syncing menus, please also increase the WP Memory Limit of your site.
By looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that your server WP Memory Limit is set to 40M.
Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.3 and above (this OK with your installation) with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation).
Please follow this link for detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Is it possible for you to change those to the minimum requirement?
You may need to contact your hosting provider for that.
Meeting those baseline requirements is most critical before starting to debug and sometimes solves issues like you experiencing.
Most important is to raise the WP Memory Limit.
Please try to raise it before you contact your hosting company.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code in that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Could you please perform those procedures and see if it help?

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 21, 2018 at 1:48 pm #2427208

andreyO

Hello, Itamar.

I updated WP to the latest version and could update also WPML core. But when I install and activate WPML string translation, backend reports immediately an internal error HTTP 500.

I couldn't try to install it, after I increased the memory. Anyway, thouse two issues were resolved by updating the WPML and WordPress, but I still have another issue now, I wrote above.

BR,
Andrey

June 21, 2018 at 1:53 pm #2427211

andreyO

OK, it works now. I managed to install other plugins.

June 24, 2018 at 7:28 am #2430986

Itamar
Supporter

Great! I'm glad that it works now.

Cheers,
Itamar.