This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Oscar Miras 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Oscar Miras.

Author Posts
March 22, 2019 at 6:04 pm #3443323

Elaine

my site is being accessed from brazil directly to a strange html file i have never seen before in a strange folder. I am worried that it has to do with the security issue you had a few months back. i can send you a screenshot of the analytics report with the location and the page accessed

March 23, 2019 at 11:25 am #3446191

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Welcome to the WPML support team.

I understand your concerns about server security. Nevertheless, WPML plugins do not block or allow user access to your site in any way. Can you check if that file really exists in your server directory? Maybe even it does not. Additionally, the specified file does not seem to be inside WPML folders.

Most of the times, automated exploiters scan for security breaches in servers around the world. If you are still worried about who is accessing your site, you may share your concerns with your hosting provider.

WPML plugin running on your site does not contain any exploit. It is true that our Website was hacked in the past but it was quickly resolved. You can read more about that here: https://wpml.org/it/2019/01/wpml-org-site-back-to-normal-after-an-attack-during-the-weekend/

Please let me know if you need further details.

Best wishes,
Óscar