This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
June 18, 2019 at 11:44 am #4043541

engelbertE

Hello guys!

First: I would like to thank you for your awesome plugin which works amazing. You have to get used to it for sure but after a while it's easy to handle. Currently I ran into a weird problem.

I am trying to: ...translate a gravity form which contains an SVG image. The SVG image needs to be translated too. Using the Translations Editor the field contains the SVG image as source code. When I copy the source code from the translated SVG into the form field it does not appear on the form as the translation (see screenshot).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

Any idea how to deal with this issue?
Should I use JPG or PNG images instead?

Thanks for your help!
Engelbert

June 18, 2019 at 11:33 pm #4046771

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support. I will do my best to help you solve this issue.

1.- According to the screenshot attached in your message, the 'translation' of the SVG code shows differences. Could you tell me if the issue persists if you just copy the code of the SVG from the original language to the secondary one?

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Kind regards,
Carlos