This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.71 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by laurenceC-6 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrey.

Author Posts
April 10, 2019 at 9:06 am #3573957

laurenceC-6

I am trying to:colours on multilingual swatches

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:like hidden link

Instead, I got:colours missing

April 10, 2019 at 12:41 pm #3576187

laurenceC-6

Tried it on live and no luck still the same

April 10, 2019 at 1:03 pm #3576333

laurenceC-6

works in test as we went through.

April 10, 2019 at 1:17 pm #3576447

laurenceC-6

there is a message in wpml saying that page is pending translation is this right? how long will it take etc?

April 10, 2019 at 3:49 pm #3578197

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

it's not clear if duplicating Media worked or not. If it's not, can you please provide your credentials so I can check the issue? I'll enable a private reply.

April 11, 2019 at 12:49 pm #3587727

laurenceC-6

we sync the live site to test once a week so I have added you back in

April 11, 2019 at 12:51 pm #3587745

laurenceC-6

test site example

UK
hidden link

ES
hidden link

April 12, 2019 at 9:59 am #3597389

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

I get a wrong credentials message, can you check?

April 18, 2019 at 4:59 pm #3640933

laurenceC-6

Just letting you know this is still an open issue so not to close it. The previous support staff has left, w will pick this up after the Easter holiday.

April 19, 2019 at 10:44 am #3645029

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

support tickets are automatically closed after 2 weeks if the client doesn't reply, we supporters have no control over it.
If by any chance it gets closed, we can reopen it if necessary, or you can open a new ticket.

June 17, 2019 at 12:52 pm #4035349

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+03:00)

Hi, this is Andrey here.

I reopened this ticket to check the problem further. As Laura mentioned, the ticket gets closed automatically after a specific time of inactivity.

I set the next reply as a private reply. Could you please update the access credentials to your website where the issue can be seen? The previous access data doesn't work for me.

June 18, 2019 at 4:27 pm #4045199

Andrey
Supporter

Thank you for the recap. The purpose of removing the access data is security. The moment ticket got resolved, no private data inside it. I am sorry for the inconvenience it created for you.

I have looked at the link you shared as well as to its Spanish translation and edit screens.

Please note: I have to activate WPML Translation Management to have WCML work correctly on your staging site. Otherwise, WC and WPML do not work together.

You wrote:

The English/Default language is OK:
hidden link

but on the spanish site you can see the 3rd colour swatch is missing.

Looking at the link above (default language) I can also see that 3rd colour swatch is missing (see image). So, as far as I can see Spanish reflect the same as in default. Currently, it looks correct to me.

Checking the edit product screen (on the default language), I can see that the stock for that attribute variation Blueberry is set to -2, it means that variation of that product is out of stock (see image). It can explain why the 3rd swatch is not available.
Could you try to set stock more than 0 and update the original product? Afterwards, re-save translation (Spanish). It should appear on the original language as well as in translation (Spanish).

Btw, the way you translated custom attribute (in the translation editor) the colour is correct.

Let me know if I missed something from the issue you explained. I would glad to check it further.

June 18, 2019 at 6:45 pm #4045989

laurenceC-6

Sorry I’m not sure I understand the stock. The swatch shows when using its English name, but disappears when you change the name, and reappears when you change it back. We show out of stock products. So what’s it got to do with stock? We get this issue on all products whether they’re in stock or not. We have to keep using the English names on foreign sites (which appear in the cart).

June 19, 2019 at 4:42 pm #4053455

Andrey
Supporter

OK, I understood about the name change. Let's leave the stock thing for now.

You mentioned that's the 3rd colour swatch is missing on the page for the Spanish language. But I can see it is also missing on the default language for that same product here (you can refer to the previous screenshot I posted)
hidden link

However, you said the default language is OK (the swatch is OK). Can you elaborate this, please? I'm not considering now the name change of "Blueberry" to its Spanish name "Arándano" cause the default language has the same swatch missing as a secondary. Thus I'm a bit confused here.

I'm sorry for asking this many questions but I'd like to have a clear picture to better understand about the problem and find possible way to resolve it.

June 21, 2019 at 9:09 am #4065615

laurenceC-6

This thread was created by a colleague who is no longer here, and I think is the same as this other recent issue I raised, so I will close this one.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/swatch-colours-missing-again/

The swatches issue is still an issue and needs fixing by WPML though, but can be dealt with in the other ticket.