Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: For some reason, the switcher will not work on my blog page.

Solution: Change slug of both Blog pages and save.

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ludovicA-2 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
February 20, 2020 at 10:42 am #5531877

ludovicA-2

Hi !

For some reason the switcher will not work on my blog page.

hidden link

Il leads back to the home page.

February 20, 2020 at 3:52 pm #5534683

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hello!

Welcome to WPML Support.

I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

Please make sure you have both pages published and 100% translated.

Could you please check if those pages are connected? If you have a page that is a translation of another page you can link them. To link page to their translation use the Connect with translations feature.

You can find more info here: https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-link-already-translated-pages/

For an easier translation of pages, you can use Translation Management: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

Please let me know if this was helpful and don't hesitate to ask if you have doubts or questions about this, I'll do my best to help you in the best way possible.

Regards,
Drazen

February 20, 2020 at 3:57 pm #5534707

ludovicA-2

Hello !

The pages are indeed linked and both published.

February 20, 2020 at 4:11 pm #5534853

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Thanks for the reply.

Please increase the memory limit to WPML minimum requirements.

Link: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

To do so open and add the following code in your wp-config.php file, right after the database information lines of code. This file is located in your website's root folder.

 /** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');

Can you then please try:

- to unlink translations and save, then link them back again
- try resaving your permalinks by going to Settings>Permalinks and choosing different configurations. Select back original configuration you had and save again.

Please let me know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way.

Regards,
Drazen

February 21, 2020 at 7:59 am #5538265

ludovicA-2

Hello,

Did all that, sadly the switcher still doesn"t translate.

February 21, 2020 at 8:55 am #5538597

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Thanks for the reply.

In order to investigate this issue and to understand it better, I would need to access your website.

Please make a full backup of your site (files and database) and confirm it in your next reply.

I would need to access your site's wp-admin and FTP account. I have enabled the private username and password fields in your next reply.

I suggest you create a temporary user, set it as an administrator and then add those credentials in the fields mentioned above.

You can safely add your information into these fields. I would also need your permission to access the database as well.

Regards,
Drazen

February 21, 2020 at 10:11 am #5539205

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Thanks for the reply.

It seems slug /blog/ was causing issues.

I have changed the slug of both of your Blog pages and now it is working fine.

Please visit the Blog page by clicking BLOG in your main menu and then change the language using language switcher.

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way, I'll gladly help you.

Regards,
Drazen

February 21, 2020 at 10:17 am #5539221

ludovicA-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!