This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 7, 2019 at 4:08 am #3753779

sunnivaS-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I am using WPML with the Divi theme and builder.

I set it up to use the Translation Editor, and it has been working well, except I have a Divi Contact form and not all the conditional fields were showing up in the Translation Editor. So I went in on the translated page and changed it in the Visual Builder. That seemed to work.

What I want to know is, if I go into WPML settings WPML -> Multilingual Content Setup -> How to translate posts and pages -> Create translations manually and I now choose to translate manually, so I can edit contact forms using the builder instead of through the translation editor, will I lose any translations I have already done?

In other words, can I switch back and forth between using the Translation Editor and Translating Manually, is there any risk of losing translations?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translating-divi-contact-form-dropdown-area/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

Not that I know of.

What is the link to your site?

Site is currently a protected staging site it would be hard to give you access. This is just a general question about how WPML works.

May 7, 2019 at 4:52 am #3753833

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Yes, you can switch editors as you mentioned but it's not recommended as switching editors can create synchronization issues sometimes.

If you somehow want to switch editors, I suggest that you follow the below steps:

- Before switching the editor, make sure your content is translated properly in the current editor.
- Mark the content as "Translation complete" before switching editors.
- If you switch editors while the translation is in progress, the translation can be lost along with synchronization issues.

You can also use different editors for different pages, more details here: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

You also mentioned that "I have a Divi Contact form and not all the conditional fields were showing up in the Translation Editor." Could you please attach a screenshot of these conditional fields so I can check if there is a way to translate these from translation Editor.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 7, 2019 at 4:31 pm #3760483

sunnivaS-2

Hello Shekhar,

There were two issues.

1) Most of the conditional fields DID appear in the Translation Editor, and translations were entered, and the page saved at 100%, but they did not appear in the Contact form on the translated page.

2) One of the fields did not appear in the Translation Editor - "I AGREE TO THE PRIVACY POLICY"

I found a workaround which was to open the translated page, open the visual builder, and add the translations to the conditional fields there in the contact form there. I saved, and it appears to have worked, and did not affect the English page.

**** If it is safer to do this than to switch back and forth in WPML settings between the two editors, this will work for me. Is there a reason NOT to do it this way?

Screenshots below show all the conditional fields when viewed in the Visual builder, (Red boxes are the fields that were translated in the Translation Editor, but did not populate in the translated contact form - and are now showing the translations I made using Visual builder on the contact form on the translated page itself.)

May 8, 2019 at 3:06 am #3763489

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

If it is safer to do this than to switch back and forth in WPML settings between the two editors, this will work for me. Is there a reason NOT to do it this way?

Yes, this is safer to perform, but as I mentioned earlier, before using the visual builder make sure the translation is completed in the Translation editor.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks