This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
June 8, 2019 at 11:31 am #3980911

stefanP-20

I am trying to: use the flags

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:as above

I expected to see: the correct lang....

Instead, I got:

June 9, 2019 at 7:03 am #3982429

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Could you please let me know which issue you are facing on switching languages?

Thank you

June 12, 2019 at 10:37 am #4003173

stefanP-20

Hi, trying again........
the flags do not work on most pages........ And sometimes I get " no result found" when trying to enter subpages

June 12, 2019 at 12:53 pm #4004487

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Could you please try below steps and let me know how it goes?

1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased, it's different than php memory. PHP memory is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default in your site. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Please add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

2. Please re-save permalink by pressing ‘Save Changes’ button from Settings >> Permalinks and see if this resolve your issue:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Settings_Permalinks_Screen

3. I have noticed that you are using an older version ( 3.22.6 ) of ‘DIVI’ theme and latest version of ‘DIVI’ theme is 3.24, please update the theme and see if this resolves your issue.
hidden link

4. Could you please clear all sorts of caches in your site plugin cache / CDN cache (if any) / browser cache and then see if it resolves the issue afterwards.

5. If still issue persists, please check for a possible theme and plugin conflict. To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Seventeen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] switching between languages’ is closed to new replies.