This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maikM-3 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 29, 2019 at 3:05 pm #3916767

maikM-3

Hi folks,

One of our clients built a site with WordPress and set it up as a multisite with two more languages. Now they want to switch to WPML and automize the whole translation process using Beebox. Is there anything I need to pay attention to when changing from a multisite set-up to WPML/Beebox workflow?

Cheers,
Maik

May 30, 2019 at 8:38 am #3921369

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

I'm not familiar with Beebox, so I cannot say for sure. If you have already content in other languages, the process we suggest is to import them with WP All Import and our glue plugin WPML All Import.

If you could give me more information on how you want to handle the whole process I could give you more details.

May 31, 2019 at 8:26 am #3928481

maikM-3

Dear Laura,
Thanks for contacting me!

Well I think the Beebox is not an issue as it simply works with the xliff files.
Our client is worried that if we change the multisite to a WPML set-up a problem will occur.

As there is no content in the other two languages he wants to simply delete those and get rid of the whole multisite set-up. However he thinks that all the IDs that indicate the position of a text within the website will change. That's why we want to change to a WPML set-up before actually start the whole automation. The question is if we can do that or if there are other factors involved that we might not be aware of when changing to a WPML setting.

Cheers

May 31, 2019 at 11:33 am #3930157

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

the IDs shouldn't change - WPML just adds the translation as it was new content, and doesn't touch what already is on the site.

Of course if you could do a test with a staging site you'd be 100% sure but from what I know you shouldn't encounter problems from this point of view.

May 31, 2019 at 11:39 am #3930231

maikM-3

Hi Laura,
Thanks for your insights. We'll do the testing then and inform you if there should be any problems.

Cheers