Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 27 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Pierre 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
April 29, 2020 at 9:36 pm #6025041

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Thanks again - this is now escalated to our compatibility team for investigation.

May 6, 2020 at 11:39 am #6070201

Yvette
Supporter

I´m sorry to bother you. There was an issue with the site that we set up to test this problem.

Could you please log back into the sandbox site and see if you are able to recreate the issue?
I am not able to for some reason and I have been asked to contact you to see if you can.

Here is the login:
hidden link

Thank you so much

May 6, 2020 at 11:59 am #6070319

John

Yes the issue is still there, please follow the video that I post earlier. Thanks

May 6, 2020 at 1:05 pm #6070787

Yvette
Supporter

I've requested permission to access the video on your Drive account.

May 31, 2020 at 8:22 am #6258899

John

Hello there, any news regarding this issue?

May 31, 2020 at 10:57 am #6259277

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Thank you for writing in to check.

Yes, I have news.

Disabling the "AJAX Shop" from the theme options seems to address the issue. We brought this to the attention of the theme author andthey responded that this is correct and if the language switcher links need to be updated every time a category is selected, then AJAX should be disabled.

If you need this feature, you will need a bit of custom coding to make AJAX work properly outside of the Shop / Products listing that is beyond the scope of the support we can offer.

May 31, 2020 at 11:48 am #6259539

John

Hmm I understand but somehow I need this feature...
What I don't understand is why this theme is marked as wpml compatible if it is not...and you are telling me that this is out of wpml support...

May 31, 2020 at 4:08 pm #6260873

Yvette
Supporter

It is out of our scope because the theme author is aware of the issue but is not planning to fix it.

When a compatibility problem happens, we rely on the plugin/theme author to collaborate on a fix. It is always their perogative to not fix it. In short, they do not wish to modify their code and that is the place to "fix" the compatibility issue.

For the author, this is the "solution" we are being given. Maybe you can reach out to them if this is not what you want. At the end of the day, we do not have the policy to change code not written by our own developers.

June 3, 2020 at 9:29 pm #6287507

John

Hello this is what author said:

Artem Temos wrote:

But this fix was provided by WPML team. If it doesn't work for you, try to contact them again since we are opened to implement any code that will fix this problem. Usually, such fix worked for all AJAX actions.

June 4, 2020 at 8:15 am #6290943

Yvette
Supporter

OK! I can reopen the compatibility ticket with the note that the author is willing to implement the required js code.

This is now going back to the compatibility team who will contact the author directly again.

Just for the record, the last time we talked to Woodmart about your problem, the solution they gave us was to disable the Ajax feature on the theme options. Now I understand they are willing to impelment a different approach so that the Ajax feature can remain enabled.

As for timing of when you will be able to have a solution, this will depend on the Woodmart team and how well our team can syncronise priorities and calendars.

When I have any news I will update this ticket but please feel free to enquire about the status from time to time.

June 16, 2020 at 6:43 am #6379891

John

Hello any updates?

June 16, 2020 at 8:56 am #6381009

Yvette
Supporter

Yes!
The internal ticket was updated 3 hours ago with the following message:

" ..tell client that we are working with the author and it is something they need to add to their code so please check for updates for the theme and hopefully this will be fixed."

It seems that the plugin author is working on the script/code and it will be included in an update. I think you should now be following up with the plugin support for better view on the progress.

September 1, 2020 at 1:57 pm #6916687

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi John,

In WPML 4.4.0, we introduced a feature to watch the AJAX requests related to site navigation and automatically update the language switchers. This feature needs to be enabled in the theme with a simple filter hook (https://wpml.org/wpml-hook/wpml_ls_enable_ajax_navigation/).

This feature will work only if the AJAX request provides the full content (so WPML can extract and replace the language switchers), and this will require an adjustment on the Woodmart theme.

I shared the information with the author, but you can also contact him.

Thanks,
Pierre