This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Konrad Karpieszuk 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Konrad Karpieszuk.

Author Posts
October 5, 2018 at 1:10 pm #2790864

christophe

I am trying to:
- I have a custom taxonomy, this taxonomy has a custom field (added with advanced custom fields).
- The taxonomy is translatable.
- When I translate a term I expected the custom field to be synced according to the settings under custom fields translations (Translation management > Multilingual Content Setup > custom fields translation)

- The custom field is a taxonomy field, so my taxonomy has a custom field that shows the terms from another taxonomy.

I expected to see:
- When translating the term to another language I expect the custom field to value to be copied to the translation. So the same behavior as translating a post.

Instead, I got:
- When translating the term to another language I see the custom field not being synced. The default value is selected

Extra info:
- Under the settings ((Translation management > Multilingual Content Setup > custom fields translation) I get the field key and it is set to copy
- But the field name is not shown as this data is stored under wp_options table I think

How would I achieve this?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards
Joren

October 8, 2018 at 9:33 am #2795333

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I am Konrad and I will try to help you. Also, I am sorry for very late reply, the forum is overloaded in last days 🙁

This should work as you expected: the value should be copied.

Could I get the access to your wp-admin so I will check why it is not working? Please also tell me:

- what is the name of your custom taxonomy
- what is the name of field group associated with this taxonomy

October 8, 2018 at 11:53 am #2795899

christophe

Hi Konrad

I'm afraid that I can't provide you access to the site due to compliancy reasons from our clients end. Is their another way that we can track this down? Can you guide me through the settings that have to be checked?

Thanks
Joren

October 9, 2018 at 1:07 pm #2800060

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

I think I understand.

yes, we have a procedure for such cases 🙂 Could you create a clean installation of wordpress, with some dummy data but where I can reproduce the issue? Then please share the duplicator package from this site

The topic ‘[Closed] Sync custom fields from term to translation’ is closed to new replies.