This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
April 24, 2019 at 3:32 pm #3674731

ricardoM-22

Tell us what you are trying to do? hide a product in all languages at once.

What is the link to your site? yogurtnest.com

I read this from the forum: "+ The product statuses get synced when you add a new translation
+ If the original product is a draft, for example, the translation will be draft as well
+ That is not happening when you update the status of an original product that is already translated
+ The translation will keep its current status"
It was kind of an old ticket and it also makes little sense to me that it works like this so I need to ask: how do I hide a product in all languages at once? Right now, what I have been doing is set the product to "pending review" in original language, then I go to update the translation in translation editor where there is no option for product visibility but if I just update the translation it sets the product also as pending review in that language. But having to do this every time, for every language? is insane, there must be another way, please tell me there is another way. Thanks in advance!

April 25, 2019 at 10:08 am #3680991

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

There are no such options as such to hide (set all product status to draft) and automatically synchronize the post status, you can achieve both functionalities using either of the steps mentioned below:-

You can use the WordPress bulk product update feature

- Go to the Products screen
- Select all Products that you want to update
- Change the status of them manually and update it.

For the translation, you can change the language using the top-bar and update products accordingly.

You can find more details about this procedure here:
- hidden link

You can create custom code to automatically synchronize the status of the product, which is beyond the scope of our support.

At this point, I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

Before doing so please have a look also here:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/guidelines-for-people-looking-for-consulting-help/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.

Kind Regards,
Shekhar