This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
October 22, 2018 at 7:05 am #2836923

twindiE

I am trying to: sync the english language to arabic

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Instead, I got: i end with no response page

October 22, 2018 at 3:41 pm #2838724

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

I see that you are not meeting WPML's minimum requirements (You can check them here: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/). i suggest that, before we do anything else, you update your PHP version to a newer version (you can try PHP version 7 if possible, it will also boost your site's performance). You could ask your hosting support to do it for you, if you can't do it yourself.

Afterwards, proceed to increase WP Memory Limit to at least 256M and your max execution/input time to at least 300. To do so, Add this code in your wp-config.php file (before the "That's it, stop editing" Comment):

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
set_time_limit(300);

After you do so, you can see if everything was done correctly by going to WPML > Support. If you scroll down until the "WordPress" section you'll see you newly added parameters' values.

If you don't see them, i suggest you ask your hosting support service if they can increase them for you (you should ask for the following: Memory limit, WP memory Limit, Execution and Input time limits).

Then you can try to sync the translation again and see if the timeouts keep happening.

Let me know how it goes.