This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
July 1, 2019 at 6:12 am #4115715

paulM-47

Hello,

I created multiple language version of my site, and they work like 3 different pages: content from the German version does not appear in the other two versions until I manually translate it.

Is there a way to synchronise to content so that it appears in all versions and doesnt have to be translated manually?

Thank you for your help,
Best regards,
Petro Kozak

July 1, 2019 at 7:19 am #4116069

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

WPML you can let your Untranslated Content on Pages in Secondary Languages by setting your post types as 'Translatable – use translation if available or fallback to the original language' in WPML > Settings page.

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

If you just want to display original content for specific posts and not whole post types, you can use WPML’s content duplication feature. Please check the following documentation for more information:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 1, 2019 at 7:34 am #4116137
paulM-47

Hello,

thank you very much for your answer!

I have one more question:
is it possible to make a translation process automatical, so that when I make a post or add some content, it would be automatically translated?

Thank you for your help!
Best regards,
Petro Kozak

New threads created by Dennis and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/is-it-possible-to-make-a-translation-process-automatic/

July 1, 2019 at 7:48 am #4116187

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

I have created a new ticket to cover your second question. As per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket.

I will make my reply on that ticket in a few moments.

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 1, 2019 at 9:14 am #4116875

paulM-47

Hello,

I tried the 'Translatable – use translation if available or fallback to the original language' in WPML > option on Settings page.

And it does not work as I described.

My Standard language is German. And after enadling translatable option all German posts appear in English version, which is great.

But I also want the posts from English version appear in German, and this did not happen.

What should I do to make the posts from English version appear in German?

I want the content to appear in all language version, no matter in which version it was created.
How can I do that?

Best regards,
Petro Kozak

July 1, 2019 at 10:30 am #4117827

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

That would be an expected behavior for this option. As described by the setting, if the content is not translated, it will fallback to original or default language.

I'm sorry but making the content appear to in all languages, no matter in which version it was created is currently not supported by WPML.

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] Synchronising content’ is closed to new replies.