This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 14, 2018 at 3:56 pm #2736073

carlosS-40

Tell us what you are trying to do?

My install in based on WP Multisite. When a new site is created, I clone an existing site template. So my question has to do with not having completed translation of the template site. If I find strings that were not translated before I cloned the site it seems to me I would need to translate the subject strings individually in every site I cloned from the template.

Question is if there is away to synchronize string translation between cloned sites.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

September 17, 2018 at 8:21 am #2740188

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

As each site has its own database instance, there is no way to do this with WPML. In other words, WPML does not run on distributed database networks, it only runs on a single database instance.

Of course, you could try continuously migrating a master site to other sites with a plugin like Duplicator but this assumes that you are only creating content on a single site and the other sites will be destroyed each time.

I could not imagine a scenario where this would happen, but in theory you could do this I guess.

Does this answer your question?

September 17, 2018 at 5:35 pm #2742104

carlosS-40

Ok, here is next best: Say I translated a plugin using a combination of the plugin language files and Translated strings: is there a way to backup the translations?

September 17, 2018 at 8:37 pm #2742552

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hmmm. You could try exporting/importing the string translation table entries by "text domain" and language into via a .po file interface. (see image).

The topic ‘[Closed] Synchronize strings between sites’ is closed to new replies.