This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by canayY 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
August 4, 2019 at 10:18 am #4336079

canayY

Initially when we had many of our products translated from German to Vietnamese, the german product categories had not yet been translated, so most of the products are currently 'uncategorized'. Now that the categories have been translated, I need the Vietnamese translation to have the same categories as the original German. How can I do this?

August 4, 2019 at 10:54 am #4336139

canayY

I should add, that I have tried the button within Woocommerce Multilingual, but it is encountering errors. Probably due to the number of products. There are 1800 in the original language currently, 246 of these have been translated.

August 5, 2019 at 2:37 pm #4341339

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

You will find extended options to translate taxonomies at WPML -> Taxonomy Translation.

In your case select the taxonomy "Product Categories" from the dropdown. You should now have access to all available product category translations extended over various pages.

Further, if applicable, you might see an option to snychronize those taxonomies at the bottom of the screen.

Let me know if this solved the issue.

Kind resgards
Andreas

August 6, 2019 at 7:55 am #4344899

canayY

This suggestion did not solve the issue, but syncing the taxonomies from the troubleshooting area was successful.

August 6, 2019 at 7:55 am #4344901

canayY

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!