This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.38 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by berryP-2 1 year, 7 months ago.

Author Posts
February 10, 2018 at 2:19 am #1513554

berryP-2

I have a (sort of) dating site where a custom post type acts as a profile. These profiles are submitted/edited through an ACF front-end form. That all works, no issues there.

Now I'm translating the website. I have installed WPML and translated various parts of the website. I did NOT activate translation for this profile post type (yet).

Now it comes down to this profile. As you can maybe understand I don't want people to enter profile info for each language, so I would like to
- use English as base info/content
- have a post in each language, without having to store this for each language (automatically duplicate)

Now let's say someone has written/submitted a profile in the English language. Then he discovers he can also use the 'Dutch version', so he goes to the edit page, which is Dutch.

Can I then make him edit the original post in English, while 'seeing' Dutch labels ? That way he sees the labels and everything in Dutch and then updates the English version (which then gets synchronised to English).

Or is it possible to sync pages with each other ? As in, whatever language the post is last edited in, that post/content becomes 'leading' and synchronised with other languages ?

I hope I explain it understandable enough 🙂

-=-

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I have looked up several docs on ACF (docs and forum) and WPML (docs and forum) but I can't find a definitive answer yet for this. I know I can duplicate posts, but I'm more concerned about posts running out of sync, when it's inputted in 1 language and then edited in another.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I don't think so.

What is the link to your site?
- site is not live/dev is not up to date but irrelevant, because I haven't found a way yet how to do achieve this

February 11, 2018 at 11:14 pm #1514257

berryP-2

I have found a partial solution, but decided to take 'another route'.