This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 9, 2019 at 5:06 pm #4372115

renaud-andreT

Hello Support tram,

I am facing the same issue as noted in this topic: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/syntax-error-4/

Can you help me finding "what" my server is blocking.

Is there a similar example that we can see? Yes: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/syntax-error-4/

FYI
My php is 7.3
I have deactivated all plugins an the issue remain the same

Thanks in advance
PS: marcel does have the access (tehy have remain the same)

August 12, 2019 at 5:09 am #4378425

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

I just tried to use the credentials you send to my colleague right here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-divi-library-elements/ but I got a message that the password for that account is not correct. Can you tell me if you changed it in the meantime and sent it again to me, please?

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

August 13, 2019 at 12:21 pm #4387989

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I was able to go to Dashboard → WPML → Settings → How to translate posts and pages but when I try to select the Use WPML's Advanced Translation Editor option, I get the loading icon running forever, without throwing any error. Also, if I refresh the page, the same option remains selected and that icon is still loading.

Can you tell me if you made any changes in the meantime, please? Or maybe you can let the debug messages be displayed by adding this code:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );
define( 'CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false );
define( 'WP_CACHE', false );

to the wp-config.php file. This way, an error message might appear, instead of the loading icon that never stops.

Thanks,
Radu

August 13, 2019 at 3:30 pm #4389233

renaud-andreT

Dear Radu,

sorry, yes indeed, I try to export my product DB ... but I couldn't neither.
I have place the code in my wp-config.php file too.

Sorry for the inconveniant.

Regards
André

August 14, 2019 at 7:38 am #4392945

Radu
Supporter

Hey André,

There's no inconvenient. I just wanted to understand why did this changed and the error is no longer appearing.

Also, can you try to reach out the hosting provider and ask him to check this out? He might be able to find what's causing this by using the logs from his side. From what I see, this might be caused by cURL timeout. Can you ask the hosting to increase this value and see if you still have this issue, please? Just let me know how this goes.

Thanks,
Radu

August 14, 2019 at 8:58 am #4393613

renaud-andreT

Hi Radu,
Hope you are well.
I am not sure to understand.
If we are talking about php execution time, it has been increase up to 360 (see image attached).
If not can you write me precisely what should I ask to my server supports?
Thanks
andré

August 14, 2019 at 9:05 am #4393677

renaud-andreT

Hey Radu,
I forgot... I don't know if you are in contact with Bruno, busy with performance issue that might be related: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/low-site-performance-due-to-cms-management-wpml/
Hope it'll help
André

August 16, 2019 at 9:41 am #4405711

Radu
Supporter

Hey André,

I had another look at your website and I could see that you deactivated the WPML plugin. I had a look at the other ticket (with Bruno) and I could see that you temporarily deactivated WPML until the performance issues is fixed.

In this case, can you give me a message back on this ticket once you activate back WPML, please? The issue about the advanced translation editor might be fixed too, once the speed issue is gone.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] SyntaxError: JSON . parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of’ is closed to new replies.