This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
March 20, 2019 at 9:00 pm #3393467

pabloG-30

My tag translations are configured correctly, but when we access a tag page that is not the main language of the site I have a page 404. Ex:

Primary language ok: hidden link

French translation: hidden link

Attached is a print of the configuration in the WPML plugin.

March 21, 2019 at 3:07 am #3394931

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

March 26, 2019 at 1:47 am #3458945

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Please, take a look at my private reply above. Thanks!

March 27, 2019 at 4:43 pm #3473837

pabloG-30

Hi Marcos,

I have a clone from my site in a homologation environment, can I migrate this clone to you?

March 27, 2019 at 8:48 pm #3475741

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It is preferable to clone the website where the issue is happening, this way we can investigate it into details and provide you with a detailed solution. Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

March 31, 2019 at 1:59 am #3499531

pabloG-30

Hello Marcos,

The migration was successful.

Some important information about my webiste:

1 - I'm doing the site root redirect to my main site (hidden link) using the lang.php file, you can disable this in the WPML plugin or change the file's redirect lang.php in the root folder. Or go directly to the language page of the site hidden link.

2 - I changed the WordPress login page to hidden link

Best

April 2, 2019 at 4:01 am #3513631

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Please, take a look at my private reply above. Thanks!

April 2, 2019 at 5:42 pm #3519565

pabloG-30

I installed the theme Travel Tour.

I installed the Tour Master plugin and configured exactly how it was configured on my website.

I created the same languages in the WPML plugin.

I've created a test tag in all languages.

But in this environment it is not reproducing the same errors, I'm testing on the tag below:

EN:
hidden link

FR:
hidden link

NL:
hidden link

DE:
hidden link

IT:
hidden link

NO:
hidden link

ES:
hidden link

The tag and other languages are not returning 404 like on my website.

Let me know if I need to do any more configuration to reproduce the error.

Best

April 3, 2019 at 6:49 pm #3529911

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I took a detailed look and investigation, it is really weird why it works on the sandbox environment but not in the cloudways environement. Even with the same minimal install, the same plugins and a clean .htaccess file. The only difference between the two environments are the server settings values, they are:

Sandbox working enviroment
Max execution time: 600
Memory limit: 512M
WordPress memory limit: 256M
Max input vars: 3000

Cloudways no working enviroment
Max execution time: 60
Memory limit: 256M
WordPress memory limit: 40M
Max input vars: 2500

Can you please, replicate the same values of the Sandbox working enviroment in your server enviroment and let me know if it fix your issue? Please, let me know, have a nice day.

April 12, 2019 at 11:05 pm #3602363

pabloG-30

Hello, the configuration of my server is below:

max_execution_time: 600
memory_limit: 2048M
WordPress memory limit: 512M
max_input_vars: 10000

I think this error is not related to these settings.

April 16, 2019 at 6:34 pm #3624717

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Please, take a look at my private reply. Thanks!

April 24, 2019 at 7:15 pm #3676243

pabloG-30

Hello Marcos, the sandbox environment is expired, can you send me another environment?

April 25, 2019 at 12:39 am #3677613

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Please, take a look at my private reply above, thanks!

April 25, 2019 at 6:59 pm #3685263

pabloG-30

1 - I installed my theme and the Tour Master plugin in the Sandbox environment, but I can not reproduce the errors in this environment.

2 - I am not able to migrate in the Cloudways environment, I get a migration failure message, can you check again? hidden link

April 25, 2019 at 7:18 pm #3685483

pabloG-30

Error message: Oh no! It seems a problem has occurred while migrating your site to Cloudways. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kindly contact us as soon as possible via live chat for a satisfactory resolution of the problem.

Migration page: hidden link

The topic ‘[Closed] Tag page not working the translation. Page 404.’ is closed to new replies.