This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 27, 2019 at 5:48 pm #4656253

vanessaM-11

I am trying to fix an error that appeared on my Google Search Console for my website that seems to be caused by the WPML plugin.

I updated the plugin and I had hoped that either the registration would have fixed it or the update to that plugin would have. Unfortunately, it still looks to be an issue and it is directly tied the WPML plugins. If that plugin is deactivated, the tag pages in question (such as hidden link) work. When activated, it does not work and the debug logs show the following error, which points to the WPML plugin:

[26-Sep-2019 20:21:37 UTC] PHP Recoverable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/smartlk8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/seo/class-wpml-seo-headlangs.php on line 56

September 28, 2019 at 6:38 am #4657949

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve this issue.

Just to make sure, is it only happening with one Tag? Please try the following troubleshooting steps after a site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page

2) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)

3) In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment

4) Activate Yoast SEO Multilingual plugin(version 1.0.1). You can download it from https://wpml.org/download/yoast-seo-multilingual/?section=changelog

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Tag Pages not working with an error pointing directly to the WPML plugin’ is closed to new replies.