This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 22, 2019 at 5:21 pm

jose-oO

I am trying to: test the woocommerce tags/keywords on the wordpress search engine and it works on the english default language but it doesnt in the translated spanish language. I dont know what Im doing wrong. This message: We detected that the product_type field was set incorrectly for some product translations. This happened because the product_type taxonomy was translated. You can fix this in the WooCommerce Multilingual troubleshooting page. i cant find out how to fix it.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: in the respective search live results for each translated product.

Instead, I got: only the english woocommerce product on the live search, when I switched to spanish language and use the search, only shows up the english version of the product and not the spanish one.

June 24, 2019 at 8:53 am #4075689

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Tags search issue
Can you please tell me where and how I can see this issue on your site?

When I go now to the homepage of your site in Spanish and start to search for keywords, I do get results. Please see the attached screenshot es-search.jpg
Have you fixed this issue already?

product_type field was set incorrectly issue
Please follow these steps to correct this issue.
1. Go to WPML 0> Settings -> Taxonomies Translation.
2. Set the Tags (product_type) to 'Not translatable'.
Please see the attached screenshot tag-not-trans.jpg
3. Press the 'Save' button.
4. Now you might get the following, somewhat different, message.

We detected that the product_type field was set incorrectly for some product translations. This happened because the product_type taxonomy was translated. You can fix this in the WooCommerce Multilingual troubleshooting page.

5. Take a backup of your DB.
6. Go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Settings -> Troubleshooting (tab).
7. Press the 'Start' button under the 'Fix product_type taxonomy terms'.
Please see the attached screenshot fix-tax-term.jpg

Now the issue of products tags should be solved, and you should not see this message anymore.

Please let me know if it is working for you.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Tags are not being translated for the other search engine language’ is closed to new replies.