This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
July 21, 2019 at 3:05 pm #4252629

patrickL-55

I make a new post. Then I add categories. Then I translate categories.Then I translate the post but the categories of the translated post remain in default languages. Why?

July 21, 2019 at 3:48 pm #4252677

patrickL-55

Also, it says "no categories" at the bottom of the sidebar even the categories are in the header (I had to add them manually to the post because not translated)
next it does not show the translated author profile, although it's translated in string-translation.
I feel like the translation takes 3 times the time as setting up the complete website :/

July 21, 2019 at 3:48 pm #4252679

patrickL-55

hidden link
this is the page

July 22, 2019 at 10:25 am #4255899

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I can see the problem on your site. Please confirm that it is what I show on the plp-en-cat-ok.jpg and plp-de-cat.jpg

Also when I go here I can see that there no associated German posts and this seems to be the real issue.
hidden link
hidden link
Please see the attached screenshots no-de-posts-1.jpg and no-de-posts-2.jpg

Could you please explain to me the process that you are doing to while translating the posts with the categories?
Please attach screenshots of the backend so it will be more clear.

Also, could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read the detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Thanks,
Itamar.

July 22, 2019 at 7:43 pm #4261051

patrickL-55

Can I give you access to the site?
Yes it's like on the screenshots. I only have one post yet and it shows 2 on english and 0 on german...

July 23, 2019 at 8:51 am #4264133

Itamar
Supporter

Sure give me access to your site and I'll check things.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

July 24, 2019 at 9:09 am #4272027

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the access details.

The translation of the only post that you have is not 100% complete. Please see the attached screenshot. This might be the reason for this issue. Please finish the translation to be 100% complete and update the archive page and the page with the categories widget and see if the problem gets solved.

Thanks,
Itamar.

July 25, 2019 at 4:49 pm #4285235

patrickL-55

yes I checked again. The translated categories don't appear on german site hidden link (switch between german/english) even though the translated category shows on the post itself. Is there a way to speed this up? Since 2 weeks I'm constantly in this forum and the media categories and tags they all don't translate correctly... :/

July 28, 2019 at 12:44 pm #4295481

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for trying my suggestions.

It is the first time in this thread that you mention that the issue is with media categories and tags. I thought that we are talking here about categories and tags of posts.
Could you please explain to me what do you mean by media categories and tags?
Is it related to the FileBird (hidden link) plugin that you are using?

Please note that I've tried to access your site to check things with the user and password that you gave, but they do not work for me anymore. I get the following message.

ERROR: The username or password you entered is incorrect.

So please correct this, so I could continue to check things on your site. For this, I'm enabling a private message again.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] tags translated but not used in post of other language’ is closed to new replies.