Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
April 28, 2016 at 1:30 pm #871179

attiahA

Hello

i want the Button link of take this course

here hidden link

hidden link

changed depend on the user language selected

if the user select our website language to be Arabic the link will be

hidden link

if the user select our website language to be French the link will be

hidden link

not all language to <span style="line-height: 1.5;">hidden link;

April 28, 2016 at 4:27 pm #871390

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support,

Are you entering the button through HTML or through the widgets page?

If you are using HTML then you can go in each translation and edit the HTML accordingly

if you are using the widgets page In this case you may want to look into using Widget Logic see:http://wpml.org/2011/03/howto-display-different-widgets-per-language/ or WPML Widgets and try to assign a different url for each language

(another thought would be to use the browser redirection through WPML , which in a way if a visitor is using AR then even when they hit Register they will be redirected to the AR version of it)

Please let me know your results

Kind Regards,
Bobby

April 28, 2016 at 4:38 pm #871409

attiahA

This is not HTML its from the WordPress Theme
all links work fine except this link
i give you the problem link to inspect it with your self

April 28, 2016 at 5:00 pm #871426

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

I see the link on your site,

Have you translated the link? You will need to point the link in different languages to be point to a different URL .. have you done that and the link still doesnt work?

Thank you,
Bobby

April 28, 2016 at 5:03 pm #871428

attiahA

the link not found in String translation
how can i find it

also i have another problem in one word in footer widget i cant find it for translation

see this link
arch-school.com

and this
arch-school.com

and this hidden link
i cant find the "Popular Courses" word to translate it

April 28, 2016 at 5:07 pm #871431

attiahA

this is the replay for the theme support about this issue

This issue is not connected to the theme at all.

The registration page is provided by buddypress and the languages are provided by your multi lingual plugin.

Please consult your multilingual plugin support for this.

We can not help you on this even if we want to as the code which is responsible for this is run by your multi lingual plugin and BuddyPress.

April 28, 2016 at 5:18 pm #871443

Bobby
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for providing me with the theme authors input

Overall WPML is responsible for handling the different languages and buddypress is responsible for not making the button WPML compatible to be picked up by our String Translation

Therefore you will need to follow the instructions bellow and use the option #3

This is how widgets are normally translated:

1. If you are using the WordPress default widgets you will be able to translate both the title and content under the "WPML -> String Translation" screen

2. If you are using custom widgets which are coded correctly and use apply_filters on widget_title and widget_text then again you should be able to translate both the title and content under the "WPML ->
String Translation" screen.

Note: If you are coding your own widgets see: Texts in widgets needs to go through 'apply_filters': http://wpml.org/documentation/support/troubleshooting-string-localization/

3. Sometimes the above options are not enough. In this case you may want to look into using Widget Logic see:http://wpml.org/2011/03/howto-display-different-widgets-per-language/

Let me know your results after using option #3

Kind Regards,
Bobby

April 28, 2016 at 5:22 pm #871451

attiahA

My big problem in Button link of "TAKE THIS COURSE "

the widget problem not a big problem i can delete or replace it

i need assistance in Button link of "TAKE THIS COURSE "

April 28, 2016 at 5:31 pm #871461

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

I understand this but WPML has no control over your buttons link, you would use WPML to translate the text of the button link "TAKE THIS COURSE"

now if you want the button link to point to a different link in every language WPML has no control over this

IF you want to transalte the string "TAKE THIS COURSE" then i can further help you, but if your issue is with the link WPML has no control over this

I can offer taking a closer look to it but like i said this seems like a buddypress issue since wpml is only responsible in translating the button and not assigning the link especially if you have already transalted the page and the transalted pages work when i go to /ar /fr

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

April 28, 2016 at 6:15 pm #871499

attiahA

I'm waiting your replay after the closer look

April 28, 2016 at 10:13 pm #871623

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the Access Details,

May i kindly ask you to please give me a step by step on how i would set up the same button and how i can locate it to look at the settings

Thank you,
Bobby

April 28, 2016 at 10:37 pm #871627

attiahA

when i create a new course it's already will be directly inside the page
it's created automatically by the theme

April 29, 2016 at 3:13 pm #872221

attiahA

Waiting

April 29, 2016 at 3:34 pm #872240

attiahA

Problem for "Popular Courses" Solved by using widget-logic

waiting the solution for our big problem Button link of take this course

April 29, 2016 at 7:25 pm #872366

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for updating me !

When you go to LMS=>Course settings , scroll down to "course pricing settings " from there you can enable the option to "Connect "Take this Course" button with an external link, defined in Course Pricing section." please enable this and edit accordingly

let me know your results

Kind Regards,
Bobby