This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 17, 2019 at 2:57 pm #3632159

tusharR

Please visit this page hidden link

On left, we have custom coded sidebar menu and on bottom, we have custom coded testimonial slider. I want to translate both HTML snippets but couldn't find an easy way. My best try was through the String Translations, but there I found only some codes, not all. What I'm doing wrong? What is the easiest way to translate these?

Thank you.

April 17, 2019 at 9:23 pm #3634809

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. That depends on how these codes are being used.

So that I can see in more detail, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

April 24, 2019 at 8:36 pm #3676739

tusharR

I'll send login details

April 24, 2019 at 9:05 pm #3676949

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. Please let me know when you're ready. Your next message will be private again.

Thank you.

April 26, 2019 at 1:01 am #3686479

Bruno
Supporter

Since you are using even JavaScript within the code block, the best option, in this case, is inside the edit page, using the top bar selector, change to the secondary language and then make the changes manually. I'll attach an image for you to see.

In the attached image, note in the admin bar that switching to Spanish, for example, the content is displayed and can be translated. By following these steps, can you translate the pages as desired?

Thank you.

April 26, 2019 at 12:04 pm #3690511

tusharR

Thank you for the advice - that will work perfectly! I tried something similar from front editor, but apparently, I should have done it from backend editor.

One more question - for Chinese translation, some weird font had been displayed for it. If I want to change it, only for Chinese, what would be the best practice?

Thank you!

April 26, 2019 at 1:43 pm #3691055

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Glad to hear that it now works. As the original issue is resolved may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? According to our guidelines, only one issue per topic is allowed. Also, this will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.