This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 27, 2018 at 9:51 am

stefanM-7

I am trying to:
My Shop has 2 currencies with WooCommerce Multi Currency Plugin from you.
CHF has prices included with taxes. 20 CHF in the backend with 7% tax are shown in the frontend as 20 CHF (as taxes are already included, WooCommerce backend setting.)

In €, the price is also included with taxes and the price of the product is set to 20€. 7% tax. But the shop is showing 21.4€.

When I change the setting in WooCommerce backend to show product prices without TAX, the € shop shows 20€ but CHF price is wrong.

So, in CHF the price from backend (tax included) is shown in the frontend as tax included.
In €, the backendprice (Tax included) is shown as tax 2x applied).

This is a very big issue and I cant solve it.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link (backend 26 CHF, frontend 26 CHF)
hidden link (backend 24€ , frontend 25.05€)

Please note, Duplicator doesnt work. But I created a full DB backup and Filebackup. I removed only the logindata from all customers.

ATTENTION: hidden link is a CLONE of the live site: hidden link, but disabled for normal visitors (Maintenance mode activated), please login first to backend to use page!

September 28, 2018 at 12:00 pm #2773662

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

I can see that you are using an outdated version of the plugin, We recently released new versions of WPML plugins with fixes and improvements so could you please update the plugin to the latest version and let me know if this helps?

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

October 4, 2018 at 6:02 am #2786475

stefanM-7

And when updates the same issue is still present.

Have you looked into the case or only seen outdated plugins and posted a standard text?

Otherwise you would know that I know how to make backups and 2nd that Duplicator is not running at the site in free edition.

So please read the ticket and try to have a look into it, as this is a really big issue.

October 4, 2018 at 12:01 pm #2787428

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

If you go to WooCommerce -> Settings-> VAT -> Prices entered with taxes and choose "No, I enter the product prices excluding VAT" it's working perfectly.

hidden link
Backend -> 26, FrontEnd -> CHF 26.65

hidden link
Backend -> 24, FrontEnd -> € 25.68

But this should also work while prices are entered including taxes, I can see WooCommerce Germanized plugin installed, do you have any tax options configured specially for DE users? Could you please disable this once and check if the problem exists?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

October 8, 2018 at 6:09 am #2794803

stefanM-7

I did completely disable the woocommerce Germanized and WooCommerce Germanized Pro Plugin.

You can see the updated "test side" (URL provided in first message), where the issue still persists.

Excluding VAT is not an option, as the customer sells the price for the same ENDPRICE in different countries. some countries have 7%, other 7.7%.

Yes, If I put the view to Excluded Vat, its correct. But as soon as I tell them to show prices including VAT, its going wrong.

October 8, 2018 at 6:16 am #2794807

stefanM-7

I did find the issue, but I dont know how to solve it.

Based on the language, the standard checkout country is set:

//Std Land setzen nach Sprache
add_filter( 'woocommerce_customer_get_billing_country', 'sq_override_default_country',99 );
add_filter( 'woocommerce_customer_get_shipping_country', 'sq_override_default_country',99 );
function sq_override_default_country($country) {
	if ($country != '') {
		if (ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE == 'de' AND $country == 'CH') {
			$country = 'DE';
		}
		elseif (ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE == 'de-ch' AND $country != 'CH') {
			$country = 'CH';
		}
	}
	return $country;
}

This seams to cause the issue. If I remove the function its working well. Do you have me a tipp, how to set the standard country based on the language earlier, like in the init hook, that the issue doesnt occur?

October 8, 2018 at 11:00 am #2795688

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Which plugin is adding this code, or are you using custom code yourself to achieve this?

The code looks ok, but I am not sure if the country is returning correct values and the logic behind the if statement is valid, you can see what countries are being returned and adjust it accordingly.

Further, custom programming work is beyond the scope of our support. If you need help with custom programming work, I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

Before doing so please have a look also here:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/guidelines-for-people-looking-for-consulting-help/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Tax applied to tax included prices’ is closed to new replies.